Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone r216 connection problems

Graeme75
3: Seeker
Can anyone please help. I have recently just bought a mobile broadband router from Vodafone (r216). I have no problem with my MacBook, iPhone, iPad or Ps4 seeing this router. However my desktop PC (Windows 10) will not see the network at all. I have tried plugging it in but to no avail. The connection is just not listed at all. Also when the modem is connected to the PC the hardware is listed in device manager as a usb media storage rather than a modem
6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Is their any Security Suite / Firewall on tbe Computer hindering it ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Graeme75
Hi I don't think so. I tried with Avg temporarily disabled and nothing shows up in the network list

I don't have any firewalls active. I'm totally lost as how Win 10 won't see it as the other devices see it no problem

Cheers
Graeme

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

It could then be a compatibility issue with Windows 10 or possibly a Driver update / new driver is required. 

Current Phone  >

Graeme75
A driver/update for the modem?

BandOfBrothers

I've not used the type of device you are but from experience when my computer has issues connecting then one of the first avenues I check is the drivers on the Computer to see if I need one or if what I have needs updating. 

Current Phone  >

You will most likely need to browse the USB storage volume it initially presents as which will contain the software needed to install the driver and software.