cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone woes - Is there no end to them?

HHGTTG
5: Helper

Well, last week I went over to BT Broadband and so it was goodbye to my Vodafone dongle that I had been using as my sole Intenet connection for about 18 months. I got fed up after the recent 12 days of unable to connect sensibly to the internet and also the issue of not be able to view my balance and data usage. However, I did buy another top up voucher for the period 12th July to 12th August in case there were any problems with my new BT connection.

Yesterday, I put the dongle back in to my laptop and decided to register the voucher's code, rather than wast the £15 I had paid. Now, apparently there is another problem in that despite entering the 12 digit code the usual way, from the VMC lite dash, and error came up twice saying it was invalid or sercvice unavaiable at the moment. I therefore entered it within My Account and again received some sort of warning but I ignored this and did find that, indeed it must have been accepted as I was able to get online again.

Vodafone, you really must get your act together because you are  losing customers left right and centre excepts for the poor mugs who have contract agreements. At least O2 acknowledged that they had a fault last week and it was resolved in a little over 24 hours - I know as I have a Smartphone with them on PAYG.

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi HHGTTG,

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry to hear you've since swapped providers. So I can get this fed back properly for you, could you let me know:

• Where you obtained the voucher (online, in a store, at a cash point etc).

• The error code that came up when you popped the details online.

I'm glad to hear you managed to get it sorted but I'll ensure the relevant information can be communicated to those who need it for improving the services in future. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben 

Ben. Sorry cannot remember the error codes that came up. As I said,  perhaps elsewhere, I entered the code via the Vodafone Lite dash from the Prepay menu, as I usually did and I am sure it said 'invalid' code or something. I then logged in to my account and entered the voucher code, from within that but also received an error code but however, it had been accepted for July through to August although I obviously won't be using it now.

I bought the voucher from a Vodafone store in my South London town in which there is one store in The Glades and the other in the high street;

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi HHGTTG

Thank you for your post and the information you have provided and this will be communicated to the appropriate channels.:smileyhappy:

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to post back here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team