Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi Dongle Impossible to Top up online

NielStuart
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Mobile 4G WiFi dongle on PAYG - works great, but when the credit runs out it is impossible to top up unless you go via another WiFi connection.

If you use the dongle to go to the top up page

Firefox never loads the pages past the 1st one

Chrome - starts to work, you answer all the questions, credit card num etc. then when it goes to check with the bank the server resets and aborts

IE - top up page never loads.

Works fine if you connect via another WiFi device - so it must be something blocked when you run out of credit.

No one in the Vodafone shops will help as it is PAYG -I've tried.

How the heck are you supposed to top up?

Also discovered you can't use it in Europe - what centuary are we living in again?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

This may help...

Top-up-your-iPad-tablet-dongle-or-Mobile-Wi-Fi/48281514/How-can-I-top-up-my-tablet-Mobile-Wi-Fi-devi...

Sometimes an account has an abroad bar that needs turning off via myvodafone or customer services. 

travelling-abroad help link.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks - but this route (Top up Page) works fine if I have credit or am on another WiFi connection, but the pages never load if I am using my Vodafone dongle after it has run out of credit. Something gets blocked.

Hello @NielStuart

Have you spoken with our Live Chat to have this checked into? 

Here is the link for Live Chat.

Louise

Your not alone. Topping up whilst using the dongle is fine until you run out of credit, then your stuffed!. The only way is to then top the payg dongle up through another device/wifi connection.

The problem started about 12 months ago.

Ian

You can do it via 191, it is a bit long winded but it is do-able. I haven`t done it online since I discovered that you could get 15gb for £25.00 through 191.

As it seems I am not alone on this. Why does'nt someone at Vodafone take a R215 dongle with zero credit and try following the Web links via the Vodafone top up page - I can't see it will work for them either.

Try it with Firefox or Chrome.

Niel.