Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

can not connect dongle

painner
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hello al,l i brought a HSDPA dongle stick and brought a vodafone data only sim to put on my xtrons car sterio to give me internet in the car .when trying to install internet it came up with 4 boxes on the screen .APN,NUMBER,USER NAME ,PASSWORD.so i went into my local vodafone shop and he  said the APN is pp.vodafone.co.uk the NUMBER is the telephone number of the sim card he then checked and said the sim was active and had £10  on .in the user name and password box type just pp so got home tryed what he said and nothing happend it didnt connect.so i installed the stick into my laptop and again put all the details he said and yet again it did not connect .the dongle is brand new and must connect as it installs the exe program off the stick onto the laptop .PLEASE SOMEONE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG

3 REPLIES 3

many thanks for quick reply i see that site this afternoon and cant get a clear answer anywhere .i cant understand why its so hard to set up a HSDPA dongle on pay as you go vodafone.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@painner

The link @kids has provided shows all the APN settings required for our Pay as you go dongles.

Just select the one that relates to the plan you opted for or use the generic one as follows:

• APN - pp.vodafone.co.uk
  • Username - web
  • Password - web