Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

cant log into sites why

magz1690
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Why has all of a sudden am i getting this message trying to log into a site which i always have previously been able access no problem. i have also been into a vodafone shop with id and contest control was off here the message am getting.             Unfortunately due to a temporary fault we are unable to confirm if you have removed Content control. As a precautionary measure, Content control has blocked access to this site until your status can be confirmed. Please try again later.                    

9 REPLIES 9

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Magz1960

There have been a problems with content control over the past few days. As you have already had the content control removed, you would need to wait until the service is back up and running fully before being able to access your usual sites.

PWIAC

Content Control has been down since at least 20:15 yesterday (26 May12).

It is still down 12:40 27th. Who but Vodafone would call 16 hours temporary?

It would be nice if Vodafone had a page showing availabity and outlook for repair.

Alan

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

When small computer networks and servers fail it is usually impossible to predict how long it will take to get them up again. When major corporate systems fail it is even more unlikely that there will be any information as to the timescale of rectifying the problem.

While your frustration is completely understandable I think it is highly unlikely that Vodafone will ever be able to provide the real time information you are looking for this or other system type problems. The truth is that the team that operate this forum are just as in the dark as you are.

I hope your problem is resolved soon.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

its fixed now yeha.:smileytongue:

No, it isn't. At least not for me.

It seems it is Pantomime Season at Vodafone - Oh no it isn't!

@jeffkinn

It is always possible to publish an honest outlook for recovery from a system failure!

I have just retired from 20 years as a hardware/network engineer and 20 years as a Problem Manager.

Whatever the cause, the customer needs to be reassured:

In this case, the Vodafone strategy and software execution have been wrong from the start.

So, an honest report would say "It is likley that you will not be able to reliably access 18+ sites for several days/weeks/months/years"

Sent via my new Three 3G dongle. Wow, why did I renew my contract with Vodafone for the past eight years?

Alan

Hi Guys

I can confirm that we did have a few issues in regards to the content control filter the other day which has now been resolved.

If you are still experiencing issues with the content control, please make yourself known to us in this thread and we will be able to get a PM over to you to look at the account in more detail.

James

a bar went on my phone thurs.... got it sorted, then yesterday at 6pm it went on my dongle- rang to sort it, still waiting nearly 24 hrs later. then today i noticed my phone was restricted at 8am. rang at 12pm, again STILL waiting. this is not a temporary problem, it is ongoing. in the last 3 months I have had to call at least 12 times about this. its really getting irritating now.

If content control went down and is still down... why is it that there is not a single perfoming chimp at vodafone that seems to know about this ?

I have even been blamed for messing with my content control on Internet explorer... when I proved that particular chimp wrong he signed off...

I have had 4 different responses... all different and not one of them has either the good grace or the authority... (Authority... ha ha... can you imagine a vodafone rep that needs authority for anything ?... the mind boggles...)... to tell me about this... they just give me Vodafone numbers to phone !...

Why the hell should I be phoning people when the person that told me to phone technical services was probabbly sat in the samer office that I would be phoning...

But this is good...

Because now that I know these blood sucking parasites are not only robbing me but have stepped up to lying to me as well now... I can get up early... Phone these morons and cancel my account !... woohoo !