Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

dongle - K3565

sheri
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi my dongle datasim has been disconnected since i have not used it for about 10 months.  I phoned vodafone who said they would send a replacement datasim.  I have just received a microsim which does not fit the dongle or at least i cannot get it to.  I thought maybe the microsim card should fit in the microsd slot on the dongle?  on this website there are sims for ipads which give mobile broadband.  can these be used in a dongle?  unfortunately i am not getting much sense from the vodafone shops or support centre.  for some reason if you are not a contract customer the support seems pretty poor.

I still have credit on my datasim card which was disconnected. is it possible to get this money back?  if so who should i contact?

1 REPLY 1

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sheri,

When it comes to our out dongles you will need to use a normal sized network SIM to use the services.

As your old SIM and account has been deactivated it does mean that a new SIM is required however, as you are a PAYG customer we don’t have any way of ordering a new SIM on your behalf and it sounds like the advisor that you have spoken to has order this from our website which will automatically send out a Micro SIM.

The only way to change this would be to pop into a Vodafone store where they will be able to arrange a normal Sized SIM to be activated on the number attached to the Micro SIM that you were sent.

Once you have don this please let us know and we can then look at transferring the credit for you however I can’t guarantee we will be able to do this as normally we are unable to transfer the credit from one PAYG SIM to another.

James