Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPad mini 2

Evanditchburn11
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just put a new SIM card into my iPad mini 2 and it's only showing 3G in the top corner even when I have 4g enabled does anyone know why? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Can you check that your in a 4G area and that the masts are showing as OK using the Vodafone Network checker.

Try also resetting Network Settings in the settings section. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. 

Ive checked the coverage and its purple which says it's available 

The checker gives an indication only. 

Are the masts showing as OK for both local and for surrounding masts which are checked by using the zoom out feature in the checker map. 

Can you commute away from your local area to see if 4G shows. 

As your connecting to 3G your APN settings look to be ok.  

Check the device guide http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/Office-and-leisure/Internet/48656145/Set-up-your-device-...

Current Phone  >

Unfortunately  I'm not but I can check on my way to work tonight lol. Would it make sense if my SIM card was topped up for me to be able to know for sure or should that not matter? I've only bought it because I'm going in the army and will be based at cartterick so wanted something to watch movies on lol

Hi

You would need to have a data allowance to be able to use mobile data less expensively in a bundle unless your using the standard data charge which can be expensive. 

As a process of elimination it would be useful to check connection speeds away from where you are now. 

I know what you mean about Catterick. 

My son was based there and my friend who is in the 3rd Rifles was there too then Was stationed to Edinburgh. 

Good luck. 

Current Phone  >

I suppose il just have to wait until I top it up first then see if it changes it to 4g 

ah where they? I'm going guards lol thanks mate!