Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

k3805-z system crashing

john.spoons
Not applicable
Hi I've got a K3805-Z USB stick and everytime I plug it in to my pc it causes the system to crash. The screen goes blank and system stops working. I have downloaded the software both the 9.4.6.2 & 10.0.201 releases from the web site to see if the stick would work. The system didn't crash when I installed the 9.4 release and plugged in the usb stick but the software wouldn't recognise the device and wouldn't add it manually. I upgraded to the 10.0.21 and got my original problem of the system crashing on plugging the stick in. My system is running XP (32bit) with service pack 3. Any help would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hello Spoons and welcome to the eForum.

What a strange situation, crashing on anything above the 9.4 VMC release. I can't think of any core differences in the firmware off the top of my head, :(

The one thing that seems prevalent is that the modem is not recognised, or when recognised triggers a crash, this leaves only two options.

1. Create a new administrator profile and re-install VMC 9.6 (after first un-installing).

2. The other alternative would be to try the dongle in another PC before ruling out as faulty and thus needing a repair / exchange.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team