Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

mobile data usage

Cookie1066
3: Seeker
Slightly annoyed as vodafone txt me to say ive gone over my data usage and are charging me £6 for an extra 250mb.. yet when i check my usage ( with the vodafone app)im still within my 500mb limit.. and the crazy thing is my mobile data is always switched off and only breifly used to check emails once a day, the rest of the time im on wifi
16 REPLIES 16

Cookie1066
Ok folks.. im using an HTC M8, and i use the dailymail app ( only syncs when opend), vodafone app, and bloodbrothers game.. apps only update with my permission over wifi.. as for browsing i use ghostery and built in email clients

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Nice phone. #justsaying

Regarding your email settings. Are you set to push or fetch. 

You dont seem to have a lot of apps there. I'm assuming you have the various baked in Apps and you've tweaked those to update over WiFi.

Perhaps take a peek at http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8/howto/cat_71353.html

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
If you go to settings, data usage and scroll down does it show what apps are using data?

Cookie1066
Hi john, yes i can see what apps are using data and its all very small, apart from the dailymail app, im now thinking since their last update it is blitzing my data.. an average of 56mb per week.. and thats minimal reading during lunch break.. all their shiney pictures must be eating my data.. guess i need to only read this while using wifi.. it all seems a bit clearer now.. thankyou all for your help i do appreciate it.

63johnw
No problem, at least you have found something to keep an eye on.

Cookie1066
Thanks bandofbrothers, and yes ive streamlined my phone and set all that bloatware to ask before updating.. i think the dailymail is the culprit and i need to cut down on my news reading over mobile networks :Winking_smiley: thanks again folks

BandOfBrothers

Pleasure to chat. 

If using the App is enjoyable for you perhaps look at increasing your Data Bundle (looking at costs to usage pattern)

Take care. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.