Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

no data on new i phone se

HELEN_WHITBY
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had no data since I received my phone for 6 weeks now.

I phone SE.  Any one lese have this issue As I was told it is a common issue. Anyone as frustarted as me ? Nothing is working after several checks!

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @HELEN_WHITBY

May I ask have you recently ported from another network to Vodafone? If so this may be a split port which the Porting Teams need to be made aware of. 

Does this happen everywhere you go so it couldn't be a local mast problem ?

Do you see any Data Connevtion symbol in the iPhone's status bar. i.e GPRS,3G or 4G but it's just not connecting to the Internet. 

Process of elimination: Can you try you're Sim card in another phone to see if data is working to rule out either the Sim or Account or Phone which may be at fault. Also if you can try another Sim Card in your phone to see if the iPhone then connects to data. 

Check if any carrier updates are pending. Advice on how is in iOS: Updating your carrier settings

I appreciate you may have tried these tips. 

Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Settings-> Mobile Data -> Turn on Mobile Data. 

If you have a local Apple Store nearby the geniusbar could take a look at the iPhone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hgw2005
1: Seeker

I have the same problem.
Have not ported.
Not changed SIM card.
Since starting with the SE a week ago my data allowance has dissappeared from my account - it doesn't appear on my VF app nor in my allowancewhen I check on line or by phoning the relevant number.
It does however appear on my price lan and I am being charged for it!!

I have contacted VF around 8 time to try and resolve this. 5 different people have told me catagorically that it would be resolved within 24 or 48 hours. It has not been.
I have tried the SIM back in my old phone - same problem.
Any hints or others experienced this? 

Hi @hgw2005

It's been a couple of days since you posted, have you had any updates on this? Did customer services suggest what the issue was?

Cara