Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

no push notifications when using mobile data

rattwood
3: Seeker

Hi

In the last week or so, I have stopped receiving push notifications from apps like Whatsapp and BBC Sport.

Once I am home and connect to Wifi the notifications come through.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

**Edit**

I should add, I keep getting a message for a 'service update'. When I select this, nothing happens. Could I missing an update which is causing this? If so, how do I get the update to work?

6 REPLIES 6

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Have you checked that mobile data has not acccidentally been switched off?

Do you get push notification Ok from other apps (example email)?

Hi

Mobile data was definitely turned on. I could go online and search, look at results, etc.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rattwood

Try manually checking in your phone settings to see if there's a software update for you to install. Once you've done this, perform a soft reset of your phone by powering it off and on again. 

Can you confirm if it's just the two apps you've mentioned which the notifications have stopped for?

It's worth double checking in your notification settings that these are enabled for each app.

kids

@rattwood wrote:

Hi

**Edit**

I should add, I keep getting a message for a 'service update'. When I select this, nothing happens. Could I missing an update which is causing this? If so, how do I get the update to work?

What model phone are you using?

rattwood
Hi. It appears to be all apps such as BBC sport, WhatsApp and Gmail. As soon as I switch to wireless the notifications come through.

rattwood
I did the soft reset and a service update notification appeared. When I selected it nothing happened. Interestingly, this update is for HTCmobiledata. How do I get it to work? It appears each time I soft reset.

My phone is an HTC one m8.