Solution

"Hidden" Data Extras

Sarpong16
2: Seeker

Dear Sarah Green, Vodafone Complaints Manager,

Account number: Ending in 6033,

Account Reference: ##~##

I am writing to you as I wish to alter my mobile phone tariff. To explain in more detail I have been with Vodafone for coming on 4 years.

I recently moved house and as my broadband hasn't arrived yet I needed to up my data allowance as I need the Internet when I work from home.

Now you would think all the data upgrade options would be available as standard practice,however I was only offered upto 2gb.

I even downloaded the app and this again only gave me the option for upto 2gb.

Only after having spent an extra £40 on data did an agent on live chat state why was I not offer the 15gb option for £20.

I am absolutely outraged a company I have paid money to all these would practice these methods.

I have spent £40 already on extra data plus will have to spend an additional £20 to get the 15gb I am absolutely appalled at this hidden method of obtaining additional money from loyal clients.

I never leave bad reviews but I am so absolutely outraged by this I will post on every forum available as in this day and an age these types of practices should just not be allowed and I would be surprised if Ofcom allow these types of methods.

To action this request I would like you to Wipe any additional charges for data that have been applied and add the 15gb bundle to my account. Please confirm once your records have been updated.

Moderator note: Removed personal information, refer to our Community Guidelines

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@Sarpong16

I'm sorry to hear of your experience with your account.

The options to top are in this link  topping-up which is for dongles. I added this in as you have posted in the Data On the Go' section. 

In regards to Vodafones Data on Phone Contracts Link > Vodafond extras. To remove extras a person just needs to contact customer support on 191 or Live Chat. 

Just to advise

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to Help where they can.

However, Members of the Tech staff monitoring the Vodafone forum do not have access to customer accounts or internal systems due to security and data protection.

A person needs to raise their complaints / requests  via Live Chat or 191 or by writing to the below address if you haven't already. 

Customer Relations Manager
Vodafone Limited
The Connection
Newbury
Berkshire
RG14 2FN

Link > Vodafone Complaints Procedure.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sarpong16

Dear Sarah Green, Vodafone Complaints Manager,

Account number: Ending in 6033,

Account Reference: ##~##

I am writing to you as I wish to alter my mobile phone tariff. To explain in more detail I have been with Vodafone for coming on 4 years.

I recently moved house and as my broadband hasn't arrived yet I needed to up my data allowance as I need the Internet when I work from home.

Now you would think all the data upgrade options would be available as standard practice,however I was only offered upto 2gb.

I even downloaded the app and this again only gave me the option for upto 2gb.

Only after having spent an extra £40 on data did an agent on live chat state why was I not offer the 15gb option for £20.

I am absolutely outraged a company I have paid money to all these would practice these methods.

I have spent £40 already on extra data plus will have to spend an additional £20 to get the 15gb I am absolutely appalled at this hidden method of obtaining additional money from loyal clients.

I never leave bad reviews but I am so absolutely outraged by this I will post on every forum available as in this day and an age these types of practices should just not be allowed and I would be surprised if the Obusman allows these types of methods.

To action this request I would like you to Wipe any additional charges for data that have been applied and add the 15gb bundle to my account. Please confirm once your records have been updated.

Moderator note: Removed account information, please see our Community Guidelines

AnnS

Hi @Sarpong16

The problem with changing your mobile phone contract to temporarily cater for data needs whilst you are waiting for your home broadband to be installed is once the contract has bee changed, you cannot change back down again.  This mean you are going to need to keep the new tariff until you are next in your upgrade period.

Unless it has changed, Vodafone make a £20.00 administration tariff migration charge.

If its only going to be a short time before you get your broadband installed, you may be better off adding an extra 2GB data and any extra out of bundle charges for your home working and keeping a close watch on your usage through your online account and the My Vodafone to minimise the extra charges as much as possible.  You can find the information on Vodafone extra's on the link below.

Vodafone Pay Monthly Extras

If you are going to need to wait longer than expected to have your home broadband installed, the other alternative would be a mobile WiFi or dongle device for your internet access.  Although expensive to start, may work out cheaper in the long run.  If this is an option, there is further information below.

Get online with Mobile Wi-Fi and data dongles

Hopefully, your broadband provider will soon have your new home online.

I hope the above helps.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@AnnS is quite right in what she says.  You really need to think carefully about what is the best option for you.  If you change your plan, it will give you more data at a cheaper price but you'll end up paying a higher monthly line for the remainder of the contract.  If you go for an additional data bundle, it does come at a higher price but can be cancelled once you no longer have a requirement for additional data. Work out which is the best value for you over the term of the contract.

Do be aware that the agent has done you a favour by giving you the 15GB - the price plans and also the website only show the 2GB bundle being available. 

PWIAC

Sarpong16
Thanks for that Ann.

I appreciate your too Drey however you will find it is actually Vodafone corporate responsibility to make all customers aware of packages and bundles that can save them money.

It is in the same respect as a certain train network that was recently fined by their ombudsman for hiding tickets that would actually have saved their clients money for the same journey.