Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

uncapped dongle

jcollins
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After visiting vodaphone in Staines last July, I was sold a monthly contract of £65 with 25GB data and whilst there was also 'talked into' taking two dongles so I could have data on the go for my ipad and my GF's device, this seemed like a great idea, although a expensive at nearly £100 a month.

Unfortunatley the salesman in the shop for what now seems an unusual reason has sold one dongle as a red shared plan off my main number and the other one as a stand alone 4G 10GB 30 day monthly contract dongle.

So, one of these is capped by my 25GB main account, and the other, by its very name, I have assumed is limited to 10GB monthly. My question here for anyone is that, do they see vodaphone liable in any way for the £400 excess charges that came my way several weeks later for going over 10GB.

Obviously i'll be expecting a few people to jump on this and criticise buying the GF a dongle, or entering into these contracts in the first place.... 🙂 but for me there are several issues, (apart from not getting any data usage warnings on the 4g dongle). I think the salesman has just sniffed the opportunity for a quick sale and has been negligent in their explanation of the differences in selling me the two things that look exactly the same. I know it is my descision to make the purchases but, It would have been a better fit for me to have had two sharing dongles, it would have been better if the salesman had explained the differences, it would have been ideal if a 10GB monthly allowance meant capped at 10GB, it would have been handy if there was a proper usage warning and I think the right thing to do would be for vodaphone to accept some sort of liabitlity here.

does anyone else agree?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Not a good situation to be in when charges are so high. 

It's always best practice to fully read all T&C and what possible charges could be , keeping in mind Vodafone Network Satisfaction Guarantee of 30 days as a cooling off period. Also checking over the Contract paperwork. Hindsight is a wonderful thing I understand. 

Personally my choice would have been to open the Contract and utilise Tethering / Hotspot on the Account to hook up the iPad to the internet via the phone. Appreciate thst wouldn't help if your partner was not with you when wanting to connect. 

Vodafone provides two forms of  myvodafone , the online and App options ,and there are inbuilt monitors either in devices or downloadable options from the App Stores. Self monitoring. 

Fact is the data has been used.

Yiu could speak with customer services on Live Chat or via 191 to enquiry if they'll provide any Goodwill Gesture.

You could consider going back to the store to speak with the salesperson and or manager.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nabs

@jcollins data capping is available! 

You can read more about it here

There is no reason i'm aware of that you couldn't have had both dongles sharing your 25GB allowance, you would have been able to set individual limits of whatever value you wanted on both of these. Doing that you may have even been cheaper with the 30GB bundle and setting 10GB limits for each of the 3 devices.

As has been mentioned though the data has been used, and from your post you seem to accept that. You could try to argue that you were missold the contracts in store but without knowing exactly what was said  when you signed up it would be difficult to tell if this would stand and compensation given on this basis. Goodwill may be your only realistic option.