Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

very poor service in Aberdeenshire

gturner
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been with vodafone for mobile broadband since April but after about 2 weeks I have started having MAJOR problems.

on Wednesday 25th April I couldn't even get a signal in Huntly thus I lost out on freelance money because I was due to email a press source with work.

I use my dongle during my lunch break for about an hour in Aberdeen - signal there is fine even if it is only a few bars most days.

I also use the service on my train home but it only lasts about 15 minutes then it cuts off once outside of Aberdeen. this is pretty poor given that it worked for the first couple of weeks I was with vodafone.

so in total per week I get about 5 1/4 hours use per week when I should be getting a longer length of time but that doesn't happen due to basically no signal

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-AndyD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gturner,

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Andy

I checked it using the coverage checker it says it's slow speed everywhere outside of Aberdeen.

well there's slow and not getting any signal at all.

My sister has a PAYG phone with vodafone and can get internet on that. I can get a  internet connection on my orange phone but trying to actually get internet on my laptop is getting impossible outside of a city centre.

I'm annoyed that I am paying £15 per month and getting and I'm only getting on average 21 hours use per month.

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi gTurner,

I travelled up from Aberdeen to Elgin last night and had internet most of the way up. Huntly was slow but pages did load, worst spot was just after Keith where i had no connection at all(don't usually get one there though)

From experience Vodafone gives the best coverage where I travel (between Aberdeen and Elgin) however unfortunatly none of the networks seem keen to upgrade the internet coverage up here in the northeast.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there gturner,

Thanks for your post.

I've had to check the local sites for any issues. I've checked the sites that serve your profile postcode as this is all I have to work with. If you need me to check elsewhere then let me know the full postcode for the affected areas.

2G coverage is fine for the area but 3G, I'm afraid to say is non existent.

The site that should be providing signal, albeit on 2G, is referenced 6616 and it's just to your Southwest towards Tullochbeg. The statistics for the last hour look almost perfect to me.

Could you try the SIM in a handset and browse a few pages? If this is possible and it's been done, replace the SIM to the dongle and retest for me.

Cheers,

Lee

I tried my dongle from my home address this evening and I can't get a connection here.

I previously was unable to get a signal at our local football club despite your coverage chart.

If I continue to get no signal outside of Aberdeen and my locality then I will look to cancell my contract and go elsewhere.