You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
andyg1

Re: Vodafone Entertainment Pack Spotify Problem

Jenny - I don't have a Premium account or any subscription, so there's nothing to cancel. I have been using Spotify as a free account forever. 

Message 21 of 42 (2,831 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
davidvick

Now the next stupid question is who do I email and how do I go about it because as far as I'm concerned there is no email address????????? 

Message 22 of 42 (2,825 Views)
Stag89

Completely agree with davidvick. Sent an email today, got one back saying that it was no longer being used even though I sent it through the website.

Already spoken to the chat guys who couldn't help me. Farcical.
Message 23 of 42 (2,821 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi folks,

Stag89 - We have replaced email with Live help as a faster means for customers to get support. You can still email our team though if you follow the instructions I'm sending to you here. You'll need to let us know about any error messages and how you've tried to add Spotify in your email.

Trev1701 - If you've tried to do it over Wi-Fi initially, then we'll need to reset your subscription. I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here.

andyg1 - When you try to clear your cache and cookies, does it let you access the Vodafone portal in a fresh browser window? Don't forget to do the same for your app too. If your Spotify profile is connected to your Facebook, make sure you're logged in there also.

davidvick - I've resent instructions on how to reach my team here.

Cheers, Ben

Message 24 of 42 (2,781 Views)
andyg1

Ben_H

I just tried it over 4G mobile data with the stock browser for my mobile phone, with all cache and cookies cleared. I am logged into myVodafone in the browser (incidentally I have tried it without being logged in), then I access:

https://offers.vodafone.com/gb

as per the instructions. I accept the terms and conditions, get directed to log in to Spotify, which works, it tells me Vodafone want to access my account, I select "Allow" and I am redirected to your error page. I don't have my Spotify account associated with Facebook.

So basically clearing cache/cookies hasn't made a difference.

The longer this goes on the less of my 6 month subscription I am getting. So will I be reimbursed for that?

Message 25 of 42 (2,772 Views)
Miss_B

I am having the same problem. I upgraded to a 4G account to get 12 months of free Spotify Premium. I clicked on the link within the Vodafone text message, agreed to the T&Cs, signed into my existing Spotify account (free account, have never upgraded to Premium) asked if I allow Vodafone to connect with my Spotify account, click "Allow" and I see the following error: 

"Oops, there has been an error. Something unexpected has happened. Please try again later."

I am doing this all through mobile data, I do not have access to Wifi where I am. I have closed all browser windows and cleared my cache/cookies - this does not help. I have uninstalled the Spotify app and reinstalled - this does not help. I have switched the phone on and off - this does not help. 

Come on Vodafone this is ridiculous!

Message 26 of 42 (2,764 Views)
andyg1

Just received a text from Vodafone:

"You're missing out on Sky Sports Mobile TV or Spotify Premium included in your Red 4G plan. Get loads of live sporting action with Sky Sports 1 & 2 or instant access to millions of songs with Spotify Premium. Visit http://vdfn.co/yj1at to choose the one you want."

Thanks very much Vodafone for the reminder that I am missing out! 

(By the way, I did try the link and same result as before - the Spotify account verifies but it errors on the return to Vodafone)

Message 27 of 42 (2,730 Views)
Stag89

Exactly the same here Andy...
Message 28 of 42 (2,725 Views)
trev1701

Here for me as well. I've gotten bored waiting and just set up a new account. I've subscribed to my own playlists from the other account by making them public. Not ideal but fed up waiting on a fix from Vodafone.
Message 29 of 42 (2,723 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi all,

andyg1 and Miss_B - Click here to get us your details so we can take a look.

stag89 - Your details are in our inbox, so we'll be in touch soon to help sort this.

trev1701 - I can't see anything sent to our team from the address you registered on the eForum. That means we won't have taken a look at this yet.

If you can follow the directions in the PM, we'll be happy to pick this up for you.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 30 of 42 (2,683 Views)
trev1701

Hi Dave. As far as my account goes I've sorted it myself thanks.
Trevor
Message 31 of 42 (2,668 Views)
davidvick

Well I've emailed all my details over and that was two days ago and unless I've missed any returned correspondence I've heard nothing. Now I started this thread eight days ago and it is very clear that a lot of people are really fed up with the chronic state of customer service and the fact that no one appears to be able to move this on. It does really make me think that perhaps no one is really bothered, which is a shame and an issue that managers should be addressing (maybe they are suffering from the same degree of apathy. So come on someone at Vodafone please sort out my Spotify PLEASE....

Message 32 of 42 (2,659 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi davidvick

I have checked the email address you signed up with on the eForum and the last email we've had from you is on the 11/02/2014 in relation to a porting query.

Have you used a different email address?

Please contact us here, following the instructions and we'll be in touch.

DaveCD

Message 33 of 42 (2,604 Views)
davidvick

No I've used the same address??????????????

Message 34 of 42 (2,599 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

Hi davidwick,

It’s unusual that your replies never reached us.

I can see we’ve received the email you sent in yesterday afternoon.

We’ll be with you as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Andy

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 35 of 42 (2,571 Views)
finba

Hi, same problem here,

• follow text link to offers.vodaphone.com.gb
  • enter phone number to receive pin
  • enter pin
  • agree to terms and conditions and select Spotify Premium
  • then see this message

"Errore richiesta non valida. Ops, qualcosa è andato storto. Riprova più tardi."
    which Translates as "Error invalid request. Oops, something went wrong. Please check back later."

Above this text is the spotify app store 'install' option. So i do this and log in (i have cancelled my existing subscription) and it logs in as a free account now.

I have tried this both on my phone and on computer with the same results.

Live chat is useless. Obviously.
    I need some help.

Thanks Finba
Message 36 of 42 (1,728 Views)
aftiii

[ Edited ]

Finba,

I got the same message as you, I created a new thread for it, here. EDIT:: Now fixed.

not sure how that helps you but it may help to track your issue.

Message 37 of 42 (1,724 Views)
finba

Thanks aftiii!

That worked a charm!

some poor coding though!

Message 38 of 42 (1,712 Views)
aftiii

Happens all the time, I guarantee it. Have you seen the Vodafone My account? Dear lord.

Message 39 of 42 (1,707 Views)
finba

i have actually, its like the late 90's in there.

i would like to mark my problem as solved, do you know how?

Message 40 of 42 (1,704 Views)