28-12-2010 12:06 PM
I've just noticed that my Desire has stopped sending MMS, when trying to do so I now get an error stating Permanent failure and nothing gets sent anywhere.
I have been able to send MMS previously so this is only recent, I have deleted and recreated the APN following the instructions in the post on this forum, still no joy.
My network connections are all fine, it just doesnt like MMS any more.
Any ideas of something I can check?
28-12-2010 12:13 PM
A couple of checks that'd help out:
- Are you able to receive MMS?
- Can you access the internet (MMS would need a GPRS data connection to send and receive)
- What happens when you try and send the MMS to your own number?
- What size is the MMS you're trying to send (there's a limit of 300kb - so sometimes worth downsizing in by taking a lower quality picture with the camera to see if you get any better results)
- Is it possible to try the SIM in another mobile (allows you to narrow down if it's a problem with the phone itself or if the issue is happening with the SIM Card / on the Vodafone network)
29-12-2010 02:45 AM
29-12-2010 07:30 PM - edited 29-12-2010 07:33 PM
I can access the internet but am unable to send MMS - I can receive them with no issues
I can't send them to myself or anyone else - the picture size is 6kb
03-01-2011 09:49 PM - edited 03-01-2011 09:50 PM
Im getting the same over the last few days, on both my Desire and my partners Legend. We can both access the internet fine. All it says is generic network failure when trying to send mms. It was fine when i last sent them a few weeks ago. Deleted and recreated the apns and still the same.
Anyone any ideas?