04-07-2011 03:11 PM
A new maintenance release for the HTC Desire S is now available to our customers. This update is an Android platform update to Gingerbread 2.3 and introduces a number of fixes and improvements, including:
- When receiving an SMS the sender is displayed correctly.
- Uploading of pictures using Peep (Twitter for HTC Sense) improved.
- Desk Dock mode support added.
- Call stability and performance improvements.
How will you get the latest software?
You will receive an update on your device, this is NOT the software update but instead will update the over the air services on the handset. After following the on screen prompts the device will reboot and you will receive a second update notification. This is the actual software update. If you do not want to wait for the second notification, you can update the software following the below process.
- Navigate to the Home screen and press MENU
- And then tap Settings
- Scroll down the screen and then tab About phone > System software updates
- On the System software updates screen, tap Check now.
Checking the software version:
To check which version of the software you have on your handset you need to follow the below steps:
- About phone
- Software information
- Software number.
The new software version will show as 126.96.36.199