Support:

HTC One series

Ask a question:
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Re: HTC One X

Hi gonesurfin & passat52, 

I've sent you both a PM so that we can look at all of your upgrade optins.

If your upgrade isn't due yet, we won't be able to preorder your handset for you, but we can order it as soon as it launches - you may still be in with a chance of getting your headphones too :smileywink:

Paul

Message 41 of 266 (4,542 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Piers

Hey,

I'm also concerned that, accepting the premium pricing of Vodafone, having been held an account for some time, amongst other things, that in my recent pre-order upgrade for the HTC One X it made no mention of the complimentary headphones.

Is this something reserved for new customers only?! 

Also, I want this device to be insured, but for some reason when it brought up the insurance addition, it stated that the only insurance I was eligible for was 'iPhone insurance' @ £12.99.

Is there some way we can sort out both of these issues?

Thanks!

Message 42 of 266 (4,514 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
EddyOS

I'd be looking elsewhere to source the One X - there's no way I'd be wanting to get a Vodafone-branded handset in this day and age...no offence to Vodafone but putting their apps/crapware on a phone shouldn't be allowed these days, especially as the STK (SIM Tool Kit) and My Vodafone app are already available
HTC One X (S720e)
ROM: 3.14.401.31 (JRO03C)
HBOOT: 1.39.0000 | Recovery: Stock
Radio: 5.1204.162.29 | Kernel: Stock
Message 43 of 266 (4,510 Views)
passat52

EddyOS

Has vodafone said that the device will be branded, my last 3 htc handsets have been sourced direct from vodafone and none came branded, i did get them very early in the "roll out" befor they managed to "brand" them.
Message 44 of 266 (4,487 Views)
EddyOS

They haven't but they will normally always come as such...I just wouldn't risk it personally, especially as going to Phones4U/CPW guarantees you an unbranded handset
HTC One X (S720e)
Message 45 of 266 (4,484 Views)
passat52

but 3rd party retailers only ever seem to want to sell/upgrade ME to a 24 month contract, ive managed to stay on very reasonable 12 month contracts for the last 10 years. if 3rd party retailers would offer me 12 months for the same as vodafone can id use them.

just saying, if you try hard enough, and give them every oppertunity, voda may just be better.
Message 46 of 266 (4,481 Views)
Jags4ever3

Being a custoemr of Vodafone for 10+ years phoned up today to place a preorder to upgrade to the HTC One X when its available.My Desire is now getting a bit worn and ive been due an upgrade since the start of January. If I want the same plan I have now its either £10 extra a month or £100 for the phone.

Considering I can get a contract via 2 seperate 3rd party retailers for the same price im paying just now and the phone for free , what incentive is there for me to stay with Vodafone direct and not cost them cash by going via a 3rd party ? Seems absolutely insane pricing.

Anything you guys on here can do to advise or assist ? Seems nuts to force a loyal custemr to a 3rd party to get the same deal I already ahve just now.

Message 47 of 266 (4,464 Views)
EddyOS

If the deal with the 3rd party is for Vodafone what's the issue? You get a free phone, Vodafone keep you

Just cause you go through a 3rd party doesn't mean a thing
HTC One X (S720e)
Message 48 of 266 (4,455 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi Jags4ever3,

A lot of the differences tend to be with the after care and support of your new HTC One X once you get the phone. Third party retailers won't help or advise on any technical aspects or set up once you're out of the store.

Furthermore, Vodafone supply a 24 month warranty with the phone, meaning if for any reason it develops a fault or needs a repair (not caused by accidental/water damage) then we'll do the leg work for you and aim to have the phone back in your hands within 7 days. Brokers will just simply tell you to pursue HTC directly which can mean a turn around of about 6 weeks, all the while which you could be without a premium phone you're paying for!

Having said that, we are offering upgrading customers a call on launch day to arrange some special deals (away from the usual sales channels). If you'd like to be added onto this list, simply email my team using the instructions I've sent to you via private message. You can find your PM inbox here. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 49 of 266 (4,444 Views)
kurran123

Hi Ben,

I would like to be included on this list please - I have been in contact with your team before, but haven't been put on this list as far.

Thanks

Message 50 of 266 (4,434 Views)
Caliban

Just to confirm...the "call on launch day" list...does that mean that upgrading customers will not be able to order until launch day?

Also...

Can you confirm that launch day = April 5th (as seems to be the case elsewhere)?

Thanks

Message 51 of 266 (4,438 Views)
Tech Team
Amanda

Hi kurran123, thanks for getting back to us, I’ve added your details onto the call back sheet for when the phone is released.

Hey Caliban, if you’re in your normal upgrade period you can of course place a pre-order but you will have to pick from the standard online packages, whereas once the phone is released we can look at any possible promotional offers for existing customers. :smileywink:

For all the latest information on release dates and packages take a look at our HTC One pages.

Let me know if you need anything else. :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Amanda

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 52 of 266 (4,421 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
WannabeMKII

Hi,

Can I be added to this launch day call list please?

Thanks.

Message 53 of 266 (4,412 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
johncolm

I've also spoken to the call centre and they seem to be in a bit of a guddle over the One X.

I was advised to call back this time next week to see if I could get a deal on upgrade but I'm worried VF won't be able to close the gap between their price plans and what others are offering.

Got my PAC code just in case it's needed...

Message 54 of 266 (4,404 Views)
pmgd57

Hi,

Please can I be added to the list of people who get a ping upon release.

To confirm previous posts - Vodafone clearly are in a cufuddle about this phone.

Yesterday a nice Irish Lady offered me £31/mo 300mins 500Mb with a one off fee of £48 for an HTC One X.

I said thats - but I'll check online first to see if that is a good deal.

Fine she said.

I did check and found several much beter deals. Specificaly Same £/mo but 900 mins and fre HD adaptor from Phone4U.

It did cost £90 but the HD adaptor happ;ily covered that.

AND the deal was with vodafone!

BUT .. wshen I called customer retentions team just now they not only said there were no deals for existing customers, but also said categorically that the previous person had given me incorrect info and the deal she stated did not exist!

Do I just wait a week, or request my PAC code now to start the process of switching?

Peter

Message 55 of 266 (4,400 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi guys,

Many thanks for your posts. :smileytongue:

WannabeMKII – I’ve sent you a PM with details of how to contact us.

Johncolm – I’ve checked our details and we’re planning to call you on launch day to discuss a bespoke package. Would you still like us to call?

Pmgd57 – A PM is on the way to you too.

You can find your PM Inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Let me take this opportunity to show you how Vodafone like to say thank you; take a look at VIP.

Cheers

Ian

Message 56 of 266 (4,382 Views)
Piers

Amanda, Ben, Ian - any response re: the headphones for me? Please!
Message 57 of 266 (4,372 Views)
kevinx

Samsung, acceptable. BUT.. Fruit phone........  (think again)  ;-)

Current/Previous Devices:- HTC OneX (W) HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) :-)
Message 58 of 266 (4,354 Views)
kevinx

"Don't get it direct from Vodafone unless you want it branded with their apps - always better to go to a 3rd party and get an unbranded handset"

In fairness, EddyOS, they are not ALWAYS branded..

Neither my Desire (original) and Desire HD were Voda branded, which was good :-), but I guess I had one of the first release units?

Maybe it's "pot luck" whether they are branded or not, but I was VERY pleased that mine weren't.

Perhaps Voda should learn from experience, and give people the OPTION to download the "bloatware".

Cheers

Current/Previous Devices:- HTC OneX (W) HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) :-)
Message 59 of 266 (4,353 Views)
kevinx

TheArchetect

I think you will ALWAYS find the 12month deals dearer, in one way or other (unit price or monthly), as Vodafone (as well as other networks) are trying to get people onto 18 or 24month contracts. Better financial planning.

Message 60 of 266 (4,349 Views)