Support:

HTC One series

Ask a question:
Rank 21: Instructor V
EddyOS

Re: HTC One X

kevinx wrote:

"Don't get it direct from Vodafone unless you want it branded with their apps - always better to go to a 3rd party and get an unbranded handset"

In fairness, EddyOS, they are not ALWAYS branded..

Neither my Desire (original) and Desire HD were Voda branded, which was good :-), but I guess I had one of the first release units?

Maybe it's "pot luck" whether they are branded or not, but I was VERY pleased that mine weren't.

Perhaps Voda should learn from experience, and give people the OPTION to download the "bloatware".

Cheers

You got lucky, once Vodafone get past the initial batch they'll all be branded. Going to a 3rd party guarantees an uncluttered, unbranded handset. I'll always go to CPW for my phones as they only stock SIM-free (unless only available branded)

HTC One X (S720e)
ROM: 3.14.401.31 (JRO03C)
HBOOT: 1.39.0000 | Recovery: Stock
Radio: 5.1204.162.29 | Kernel: Stock
Message 61 of 266 (5,509 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
kevinx

Yes, agreed. Whilst almost "pot " with Vodafone, you ARE virtually guaranteed a "vanilla" handset from an "independent".
Current/Previous Devices:- HTC OneX (W) HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) :-)
Message 62 of 266 (5,497 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
johncolm

Ian

Yes please, a call would be great as I'd prefer to stay on with VF if the deals are at or near some of those elsewhere.

Thanks

jc

Message 63 of 266 (5,478 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Forbs

I too am eligible for an upgrade having been a loyal customer of yours for some years. I have been trying to get an upgrade for the last two weeks or so, only to be told that only the online deals are available at the moment. I would also like to order in time to get one of the beats headphones.

Can you please send me instructions on how I can add my name to the list for a call back (regarding upgrade options) once the HTC One X is launched.

Regards

Message 64 of 266 (5,452 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Good Morning John, 

Please follow the instructions in the private message I've just sent and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as the device is released. 

(You can find your PM inbox here.)

Hi Forbs -  I've also sent you a PM, please email us and we'll be in touch! 

All the best, 

Kay
Web Relations Team  

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 65 of 266 (5,428 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi Piers

Please accept out apologies that your post hadn't been picked up previously. I can confirm that the HTC One X does include the urBeats headphones in the box contents.

With regards to insurance, we have 4 insurance price bands depending on handset value. The HTC One X falls into price band 4 along with the iPhone, hence why it may still appear as iPhone insurance. You can find more information on our insurance and costs here - Vodafone Cover Me Insurance.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks

Simon 

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 66 of 266 (5,402 Views)
kurran123

Hi Simon,

Can I confirm that I will be eligible for the headphones too? I have registered my interest in the One X for a couple of weeks and have recently been placed onto the contact list (can you confirm this please). I have been advised not to pre-order as I will get better and more bespoke upgrade options if I wait till release date. I don't want to miss out on the headphones however!

Is there any more news about the release date - I am still assuming it is the 5th April?

Thanks
Message 67 of 266 (5,400 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

kurran123 wrote:

Is there any more news about the release date - I am still assuming it is the 5th April?

Thanks

All indications on the net seem to be pointing to a 5th April launch, Don't think anything is confirmed yet though.

Just to add a bit of fun to the mix check out Bens Video of the handset... jealous much!

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 68 of 266 (5,384 Views)
Forbs

Thanks for your help. I guess I'll just wait for a callback now.
Message 69 of 266 (5,377 Views)
TheArchetect

I went for the Samsung Galaxy Note in the end and had a face to face meeting with a vodafone shop assistant and got a great deal!

Message 70 of 266 (5,373 Views)
Piers

[ Edited ]

@ Simon,

Ok so how would i get the insurance added then. Is it something you can arrange on the date i have the phone delivered?

Im also concerned that ive already started being charged for the new price plan - a huge jump up from what I was paying previous - despite not having a date for the receipt of the phone.

Can you confirm policy on this, as im not really happy paying the cost until the actual date I get the phone if you know what I mean. 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

P

Message 71 of 266 (5,340 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Piers,

Insurance can be added at anytime, Pop into your local Vodafone store and they can arrange it for you. 

You priceplan changes immediatly regardless of when your handset is delivered. This has been policy for quite a while and is standard practice in the industry.

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 72 of 266 (5,321 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
johnlegrange

Nice to see the battery goes from full charge to low within a minute :smileywink: and i thought my sensation had shocking battery life!
Message 73 of 266 (5,307 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi kurran123

Thanks for your post. If the handset has not been pre-ordered I couldn't guarantee that the order would come with urBeats headphones. The first 10,000 orders placed will come with the urBeats headphones in the box, after this it would be the standard HTC supplied headphones.

More information on the urBeats headphones and free music offer can be found here - HTC One X on Vodafone.

With regards to release date, we haven't had this confirmed, however if you've requested a callback upon release we can confirm more information for you at that point.

Thanks

Simon

Message 74 of 266 (5,260 Views)
honvik

Good Afternoon,

As a Vodafone customer of again over 10 Years I did contact vodafone to be offered nothing really!.  They said they can only do pre-orders via the web currently (must of been system issues).

Anyway could you please add me to a list of call backs? So I can maybe get a cracking deal? I'd like a cracking deal that doesnt involve me changing my number etc!.

Thanks Paul/Ben/Kay etc!

Phil

Message 75 of 266 (5,230 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi honvik,

Many thanks for your post and welcome.

The HTC One X is currently only available on pre order, however we’ll be more than happy to call you on launch day and hopefully secure a great value deal for you.

I’ve sent you a private message with details of how to contact us if you do need any help with this.

You can find your PM Inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Let me take this opportunity to show you how Vodafone like to say thank you; take a look at VIP.

Cheers

Ian

Message 76 of 266 (5,215 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
johnlegrange

Just had a go on the one x at a three store. It's so light and the camera is something else! Can't wait to get it next week!
Message 77 of 266 (5,179 Views)
kurran123

I have just spoken to a Vodafone rep on 191 and they have told me they have a release date of May 6th for the One X! This is more than a month more than some of the other networks! I was holding on until what I thought was a April 5th launch, but this may be too long!

Message 78 of 266 (5,142 Views)
kevinx

Kurran,

May I suggest you call Voda again, or ask one of the mods on here. 191 do sometimes respond with "knee jerk" reactions!
(it gets you off the phone quicker)! They MAY be correct however? CHECK AGAIN!

Having said that, I called into a "Vodafone Experience" store 8 days ago, and I approached THREE of the staff, including the manager, who were just stood around chatting, andwhen I asked when the One X was due for release,I was informed AUGUST!! I questioned this, and they re iterated their answer!! Obviously they were too busy to check.
(Vodafone Lakeside, for reference)
Current/Previous Devices:- HTC OneX (W) HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) :-)
Message 79 of 266 (5,138 Views)
kurran123

Just called again and was told 5th May - either way, it looks like Vodafone are getting it much later than everyone else!
Message 80 of 266 (5,134 Views)