Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3G not working

rrivers
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I have just been given a HTC desire 601 but I can't get the 3G to work. Calls, texts and my internet all work fine no problems. It does not matter what area I am in. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi again

You will find the manual settings that you will need to enter here.  

You may find the step by step guide for the 610 helps you. Take a look here.  It is similar to the 601, although you may have to tweak some of the steps as there are some slight differences.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

drey_p

Hi there

What errors are you getting?  What symbols are showing on the display by the signal strength?

PWIAC

None other than it can't connect to the internet. It works fine at home. I am sure the 3G is turned on. I don't know if it was because the phone used to be on O2?

Signal strength is normal. Thank you

drey_p

Do you have the right settings on your device?  It may be worth texting the word WEB to 40127.  That should send a configuration text throught to your device that will enable you ot access the internet.

PWIAC

Thanks no luck. I think the access point name might be wrong. I have checked everything else. It used to be on the 02 network. Does anyone know how I change it?

drey_p

Hi again

You will find the manual settings that you will need to enter here.  

You may find the step by step guide for the 610 helps you. Take a look here.  It is similar to the 601, although you may have to tweak some of the steps as there are some slight differences.

PWIAC

Works thank you