Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g toggle unlocked

sunni
2: Seeker
I bought a HTC one m8 from Vodafone, last month. I'm able to use it with a three SIM card on a 4g plan.
I sometimes get 4g, sometimes it struggles. I did some analysis with the three technical help desk, they say that the phone has not been unlocked completely and that's why it struggles to latch on to the signal, and Vodafone have locked the 4g setting in the mobile network settings. I went to the 4g setting in the mobile network settings and they are right. It's not possible to select the proper 4g setting, you get an error.

They said to contact Vodafone who can unlock it properly. I'm quite astonished that a phone company could do such a thing. Please can you advise what to do, and do I need to raise a formal complaint?
3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's going to take the Tech Team here to advise on this but, in the meantime, have you tried a factory reset (don't forget to back up your data first)?   It might do the trick.   If it doesn't work, drop a note back here and wait for the team to pick up your post.

PS. It might also be worth trying a new Vodafone SIM (the quickest way to get one at the moment would be from a Vodafone shop).

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @sunni 

Welcome to the eForum.

I’ve sent you a PM here, on how to get in touch with us for further help.

Thanks,

Sarah

sunni
Hi Sarah
I have sent the completed form as requested. I hope we can get to the bottom of this.
Thanks,
Shoaib