Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

APN settings required

dvhttn
4: Newbie

Right. I don't send many MMS messages (or texts for that matter!!) but when I have I have had them fail for ages now (over a year, maybe more). At first I thought it might have been a Sure Signal issue but after briefly looking at it and finding no resolution down that path I forgot about it. Recently I've been looking at it again. Now I use a custom ROM on an HTC Desire HD so any talk of 'set to defaults' is not really good advice (I'm running an AOKP ROM on Android 4.2.2).

Today I could well have found the solution as I dropped into the local Vodafone shop and was told 'oh, maybe you have MMS sending blocked on your phone'. WHY????????????? Well, that 'block' was indeed set so was taken off. But WHY??????????????????????????????????

Anyhow, I still need the APN settings, for both internet and WAP as mine have been 'modified' (partly by the Bozo in the shop who modified my phone without asking as I was in the middle of doing something!) and there seems to be no way to find the actual, current settings. I have tried:

a) on the Vodafone site there are many forum references to a page where you enter your phone number and it will send you texts. This errors on 'submit'.

b) also references to texting 'web' to 40xxx - this results in nothing being returned.

c) web 'searchs' lead to many pages on many sites with differing ideas of what the 'real' settings are. Many of the links are to Vodafone forum threads which have 'users' saying what they have but again, a lot of these differ (I'm sure the odd setting difference won't matter though).

d) dialled 191 and spoke to technical support. Was told I would receive texts with the settings (to install). Received the first one (the one that ends 'we'll send you these by text shortly') but not the follow-ups with the settings. Arrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Was also told that each device had different 'settings'. When I begged to differ on this I "think" we agreed that she had meant 'different ways to access the settings page' on each device' rather than different settings for each device. In my case, as I run a non-standard ROM this question was not relevant anyway but I guess that answer didn't fit her script .......

So, could I have the APN settings posted here, for both internet and wap APNs? And posted by a Vodafone employee please? And could you NOT just point me at a web site to get texts by return - see 'a' and 'b' above!. Thanks.

Related queries. Which APN should be the default - 'internet' or 'wap'? I've seen references to the fact that the internet should be the default as only Vodafone services such as VodafoneLive use wap (is that service still going?). Also, if the 'internet' APN is selected as the 'default' does this mean that if it is not available for some reason then another is used instead (in this case the WAP APN)?

Thanks in advance. Dave

9 REPLIES 9

63johnw
17: Community Champion
This is what I have.

Name: Contract WAP
APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: wap
Password: wap (presumption)
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS proxy: 212.183.137.012
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 234
MNC: 15
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: default,mms,supl,dun
APN protocol: IPv4 (unchangeable)
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

63johnw
Sorry when I have double checked after MNC 15
I have
auth none
APN type default, supl,mms,a-gps
APN protocol IPv4
Roaming protocol IPv4
APN enabled
Unspecified
None
Not set

Hope this helps

You see, this is why I want someone from Vodafone to post the DEFINITIVE settings for BOTH APNs. You say above 'Auth. type - PAP'. In the shop the guy was adament that the type was 'none' (not that he seemed very authoritative, just a 'I know what the answer is and you don't' type of person .....). So, please Mr. Vodafone, can I have the complete list (even those that are set to 'nothing') for both internet and wap APNs ....

Dave

63johnw
Sorry if you read my second post it's none.

Just copied what is in my phone now.

This has been asked before and I don't think I have ever seen an official list as you require, they only link to the pages where you give your number etc and the settings are sent to your phone.

dvhttn
4: Newbie
Thanks anyway. Can't see why V. can't just list the flaming things.........

Dave

hrym

Does this help?

logic101
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

try www.vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo

Or searching on the Vodafone site....brings back the same article. I would say that's a pretty definitive list.

Thanks for that logic101! Must have been my bad search terms as I hadn't found that on the site.

Be nice for someone from V to answer the other queries though ....

Ta

Dave

[quote] Does this help?  [/quote]

I've seen that thanks. It doesn't give enough detail. I just want a list of the complete settings for the various APNs. 

I've checked about and found the EE ones on their site but O2 seem to be as secretive as Vodafone ....

There must be a reason why they're not listed (assuming it's not just an "oversight" ..... ) - perhaps someone from V could enlighten us?

Dave