Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
leekeenan10

Re: Andriod 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for Senastion

Having problems getting 4.0 to install.

When I click check for software updates the software downloads via wifi but then says the download is corrupt, do you wish to download again? I have tried this around 10 times now and still it fails. I read one post which said a 'pre-download/update' was required. Having run the vodafone update upp this has now installed the updates required before installing icecream. I have restarted my phone and tried twice more and still the download says it is corrupt. The phone seems to download a new update each time via wifi, not use the first download, judging by the time taken.

Hoping someone can help me get the android 4.0 update without doing the workaround previously posted which would void my warranty/insurance.

HTC Sensation Z710e

Android version - 2.3.4

HTC Sense version - 3.0

Software number - 1.50.161.1

Message 121 of 133 (4,406 Views)
Kermitpower

As a word of warning for anyone thinking of trying ICS...

It forces you to use the same volume level for calls and notifications!

Why on earth did they think this was a good idea???  I'm desperately trying to find a way to uninstall ICS primarily as a result of this, but no luck so far.

Message 122 of 133 (4,354 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
thespudman

try an app called quick settings
Message 123 of 133 (4,260 Views)
j2g
j2g

Quick settings doesn't seem to work - the option to control alert vols is greyed out

Message 124 of 133 (4,226 Views)
j2g
j2g

ICS Enhanced Ringer Control seems to work - but it costs
Message 125 of 133 (4,223 Views)
leekeenan10

I am still having the same problem. When I download the update it says download corrupt. HTC asked me to wipe my phone and SDcard and then try the download. This didn't work either. Today my phone has just been returned from the HTC repair centre to say it should now work. It doesn't, it still says download corrupt. They said they can't install the software directly as it is vodafone specific with certain features. When I tried to download it I STILL get the same error message. Please help sort it out vodafone.

Message 126 of 133 (4,093 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II
cjm1979

leekeenan10 wrote:

I am still having the same problem. When I download the update it says download corrupt. HTC asked me to wipe my phone and SDcard and then try the download. This didn't work either. Today my phone has just been returned from the HTC repair centre to say it should now work. It doesn't, it still says download corrupt. They said they can't install the software directly as it is vodafone specific with certain features. When I tried to download it I STILL get the same error message. Please help sort it out vodafone.

You might have to send it to Vodafone then and let them update it.

Message 127 of 133 (4,069 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi leekeenan10

I replied to your other post here.

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 128 of 133 (4,055 Views)
boedster

Still no ICE update HTC sensation

I still didn't get the update to ICE for my sensation. Still get the message the the phone is up to date.

Can it be that I didn't get the update because i live in the Netherlands. The phone is english. Bought it in the Netherlands, but with a English power cord. It's a unbranded phone.

Alex

Message 129 of 133 (3,949 Views)
Tech Team
James

Re: Still no ICE update HTC sensation

Hi boedster,

Welcome to the eForum from all of the team.

To be honest the fact that you live in theNetherlandsshouldn’t make a difference however it is possible that as it an English phone it thinks that the phone is roaming and as such won’t give the update.

Can I ask if you have tried the update via Kies?

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 130 of 133 (3,906 Views)
boedster

What is KIES?

Only tryed to update by OTA.

Message 131 of 133 (3,876 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
sbrk

kies is the Samsung version of HTC sync or blackberry desktop manager or what have you. probably won't do you any good here.
Message 132 of 133 (3,862 Views)
Rank 12: Guide I
NeoBlade

[ Edited ]

Its best to do large OS upgrades via KIES. Even though its not a fantastic app, its still the safest way to get the job done. Do a backup as well prior to the upgrade and everything will be restored automatically too. 

For KIES go here - http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

However KIES is of course for Samsung phones and not HTC.

For HTC, use HTC Sync - http://www.htc.com/uk/help/

Again do a backup before performing the upgrade!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S3

If I have helped you in any way then please click on the star on the left ^_^ Thank you!
Message 133 of 133 (3,808 Views)