20-12-2010 10:15 AM - edited 20-12-2010 10:22 AM
Today sees the launch of the Android 2.2 Froyo update for Vodafone HTC Wildfire customers.
Below are the details of what benefits updating to 188.8.131.52 (Froyo) will give along with how to perform the update.
About the Update
What benefit will this software update deliver?
This update from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2 introduces all the supported functionalities that are included in this OS update. For a full list, take a look here.
The most notable are:
- Support for USB tethering
- Possibility of installing applications to SD card (if supported by the application)
- Native support for Activesync Exchange (email, contacts and calendar sync) and security policies
- Enhanced Camera application
- Enhanced Bluetooth support
- Speed and stability improvements
- Multiple keyboard languages
- WiFi Hotspot tethering
NOTE: "Live wallpapers" and "Flash" support in the browser (Froyo
features) are not supported due to hardware
When the update is available a message will appear on the handset, follow the instructions to install system software.
You can manually check if a software upgrade is available by selecting Menu from the Home screen, tapping Settings, scrolling down the screen, tapping About Phone and then System software updates. On this screen tap Check now.
How do I check what software version I have?
Menu > Settings > about phone > Software Information > Software Number
For further information please visit this page: Vodafone firmware updates