cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android Update 2.10.161.7 on HTC M9 downloads, installs but returns to internal Boot Menu???

diver9
4: Newbie

Good morning,

I received notification of an Android update this morning and selected download, then install....it then started the installation process and then rebooted to the internal boot menu...install from ADB/reboot/delete etc.

It seems there is something wrong with this update - please can you elt me know what I should do as I do not want to screw this update up and brick my phone - please not the device has not been rooted.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

diver9
4: Newbie

Just a quick update - have spoken to htc and they have advised to restore to factory and then install teh new update - we will wait and see!

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Thank you for your update which if successful will go into hell anyone else searching for a similar answer. 

I look forward to a positive update. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Well, that did not work so back on live chat - they have just had the IMEI...watch this space

Despite going back to the live chat it appears my phone needs to be re flashed as the update is not working on this phone.....Vodafaone are now replacing it on Friday..Hey ho - first HTC to go this way - phone works fine just cant take any updates!

hrym

I did that update last night and it all seems to have gone smoothly.  If the update has corrupted your firmware, I think a re-flash would be the only hope.  The trouble with a factory reset is that it goes back to the latest firmware, not the original.

There are 3 thing I do before a firmware update.

1. Plug the phone in.   The process takes over an hour and there's no battery indicator while it's running.

2. Clear recent apps before starting.

3. Do a restart before starting.

The thinking behind those last 2 is that it'll give the device as many of its resources for the update as possible.  It's served me well so far...