Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
WirralMick
Accepted Solution

Battery drain

I'm losing roughly 20% of my battery overnight (during 9 hours sleep), I first thought this was the cell handshaking but during this time my wifi is on, any ideas? No extra software on phone, no overnight syncing or updating?
Message 1 of 8 (4,266 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Re: Battery drain

Have you tried a night with WiFi off?

WiFi can be quite a power drain even when not in use. 

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 8 (4,258 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

As Nabs said the wifi can be a drain if you have a week signal in your bedroom the phone starts scanning 

Make sure you also don't have any apps syncing in the back ground eg Face book 

Turn active sync off

Message 3 of 8 (4,255 Views)
WirralMick

Great wifi signal, no background apps running, battery drain on wifi or cell
Message 4 of 8 (4,248 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Xan245

Check the advanced settings, by default the keep wifi on during sleep is set to always, this will drain the battery by maintaining the connection even when not in use

Message 5 of 8 (4,244 Views)
WirralMick

It seems it was a one off!
Message 6 of 8 (4,230 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
zoesdad

Thought this might be useful: I use a great wee program called Timeriffic. With this you can have profiles which can switch off wifi, put the phone on mute, change the ring volume, etc. You can configure multiple profiles so that they fit your needs exactly. Well worth a look and it's free.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC - Brilliantly Disappointing.
Message 7 of 8 (3,986 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
dlorde

I use 'Easy Battery Saver', which is also free, and has several power-saving modes, including a completely configurable 'Advanced' mode that allows you to specify what happens when the phone locks & sleeps, variable display brightness, what to do when the battery gets low, how to manage wifi, mobile data, bluetooth, syncing, and sleep and night scheduling. Or you can pick pre-set 'General', Intelligent' or 'Super' power saving options. There's also an option to turn off all and allow the phone to behave as normal. Only drawback is that it shows small ads, although they're not intrusive.

It works well for me.

Message 8 of 8 (3,975 Views)