Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocking Calls

Sebbo
4: Newbie

I've had an unfortunate experince of some guy texting me. I rang him back with a withheld number, and once it was foreign guys. (Two) and the other time it was an english guy. i then started getting texts from other numbrs.

I think this is related to a dodgey facebook app as they knew lots about me. But seemed to qoute things from facebook...quite bad really.

I just wanted to know if I can block people with the Magic's hardware.

cheers.

S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi,

There are a couple of suggestions over on the Android Forums - never tried them myself but it'll at least give you some reading material to look into. I'd imagine others on here might have suggestions too.

Call Block Unlimited

Call blocking apps

I'd report it to the police to be honest, if the worst comes to the worst then Vodafone can look at a number change for you if you obtain a crime reference number.

The TPS has also been useful for me but mainly on blocking marketing calls - not sure where your calls might be originating from or if they can be classed as marketing

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

redpages

Hi,

There are a couple of suggestions over on the Android Forums - never tried them myself but it'll at least give you some reading material to look into. I'd imagine others on here might have suggestions too.

Call Block Unlimited

Call blocking apps

I'd report it to the police to be honest, if the worst comes to the worst then Vodafone can look at a number change for you if you obtain a crime reference number.

The TPS has also been useful for me but mainly on blocking marketing calls - not sure where your calls might be originating from or if they can be classed as marketing

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

bertyb
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hiya, yep the 2 most practical solutions out with number blocking apps are as redpages says

1. Crime reference number and then you can get a FOC number change, or £25 charge without

2. If you get calls which are causing you harasment, then call in to customer services immediately after it, and they can note the details of the number that called you etc, after 2 or 3 attempts they have a nuicance callers department that can assist you with this.

Try and not get too upset, it can be resolved one way or another

I cant make out going calls. in the options menue some how out going call (blocked) is on. When i try to reset it to disable its requesting a pass code.  Whats this about? Help.....how do I get a pass code. the phone has a UK sim card and i'm in Colombia South America trying to make a call. Its a pay as you go Phone.   Help

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JBR,

It sounds like you've got an International bar on your account.

Did you get this lifted before leaving the UK?

You should be able to lift it by logging into your online account.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Ian