Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bloody useless upgrade

DaveMark
1: Seeker

Someone decided to do an upgrade thing on my HTC one yesterday, I wasn't asked if I wanted this, it was an automatic thing that messaged me to tell me it was happening and it made my phone unusable for about an hour.

Since this crap upgrade has been done, I have lost things I had previously on my phone and I can't connect to the internet on it. I have tried contacting the company but, as usual, you can't speak to anyone just type useless questions on a bloody useless computer.

I now want to know

1 What muppet decided these upgrades could happen

2 Why do they remove/delete stuff from your phone

3 Why does my internet not work now over WiFi only on my data plan - is this another way to sting customers for ridiculous amounts of money

4 Why is their never a real human being who understands what you are saying available to speak to (and NOT via a bloody keyboard)

Why should I be paying for services I can't use

5 Who is gonna sort this out for me

6 Why the bloody hell should I stay with a company who treats their customers in this way

This is just blatantly naother way of making me pay for services I don't want to use and if its not sorted I will be putting in an official complaint and also leaving vodafone.

I am going to bed now as I have to go to work at 5am. I expect this to be sorted before I come home at 6 pm tomorrow night. If you are not competant enough to do this then you can refund me any money that I am forced to use on my data plan

Thank you

A bloody annoyed customer of nearly 10 years

3 REPLIES 3

DaveMark
1: Seeker

Oh yeah, and I really don't care if this is the wrong place to post this. TRY HAVING A PHONE NUMBER WE CAN USE WITH A REAL PERSON ON THE END OF IT NOT A BLOODY MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DaveMark,

I can see drey_p has managed to answer many of your questions for you. You can find out more information about firmware here.

If the software you've had has caused any bugs on your phone, try backing it up and performing a factory reset. You can find out how to do this here.

Cheers, Ben

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there DaveMark

Whilst I understand that you are frustrated, there is no need for any sort of foul language.  If you have a problem, you are free to express yourself, but in a polite manner that is in accordance with the House Rules.

As for the issue to hand - you talk about an "upgrade thing"?  I assume that you mean a firmware update?  Those are rolled out by HTC to handsets in batches, and yours was obviously in the batch that was being updated the other evening.  On to your points:

1. If it is an firmware upgrade, HTC decided it should happen as per the info above
  2. It is possible that what was removed wasn't compatible with the upgrade
  3. It sounds like something has corrupted within your WiFi settings - have you tried deleting your saved hotspots and reconnecting?
  4. Call centres are busy places which is why you may not be able to speak to someone when you want
  5. You have to pay for the services whether or not you use them - this is outlined in your contract
  6. Your best bet would be to perform a hard reset of the device and see if that helps.  If it doesn't you may need to send your handset off for repair.
  7. I am not sure why you are blaming Vodafone for an update that HTC roll out but anyway

If you want to leave, do bear in mind that you will have to pay any early Termination fees on your account.  Please do remember that software and firmware updates happen on all networks.

I am not sure how you want someone to magically fix this for you.  You're going to have to do a hard reset yourself - noone can do this for you.  Don't forget to back up  your data before doing this.

You won't be entitled to any refund if you choose to use up your mobile data.  Remember that your phone is seperate from your contract which is for airtime only so any issues with your phone don't entitle you to any refund of your line rental or any usage charges you may incur as a result of an issue with your phone. 

PWIAC