Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bluetooth share has stopped working

MarieK1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My bluetooth, which I use for handsfree in the car, has suddenly stopped working on my 6 months old HTC mini - just constantly comes up with the message unfortunatly, bluetooth share has stopped working and turns of the bluetooth, keeps cycling through this constantly until I manually turn it off. have tried a bluetooth crash resolver but not solved the problem. Is there a fix for this or is my phone unable to be used with bluetooth ever again!!!!??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

Are you able to try another Bluetooth connection, such as a headset?   If you get the same message, there may be a hardware problem which would require a repair.  Before you go down that route, though, there are a couple of things you can try.  Firstly, tap the little overlapping-page icon to the riht of the home key and close all recent apps.  This will free up some resources and may fix it.   If not, try a factory reset (back up your content and make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd first).

Did this happen after a firmware update?   In that case, the factory reset may help, but it's also possible that your Bluetooth is no longer compatible with the software in the car.   Car software is often flaky and/or out of date, though a dealer may have an update which will make it work again.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

hrym

Are you able to try another Bluetooth connection, such as a headset?   If you get the same message, there may be a hardware problem which would require a repair.  Before you go down that route, though, there are a couple of things you can try.  Firstly, tap the little overlapping-page icon to the riht of the home key and close all recent apps.  This will free up some resources and may fix it.   If not, try a factory reset (back up your content and make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd first).

Did this happen after a firmware update?   In that case, the factory reset may help, but it's also possible that your Bluetooth is no longer compatible with the software in the car.   Car software is often flaky and/or out of date, though a dealer may have an update which will make it work again.

Thank you, all working again now after backup and factory reset, knew it wasnt the car as the bluetooth on my phone kept throwing up the message every time I turned on the bluetooth on my phone when I wasnt anywhere near my car. Dont know if it happened after an update, it just happened out of the blue, having worked perfectly up until couple of days ago. but all is well now, many thanks.