Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broken htc one m8

Chelst90
1: Seeker
Please can someone tell me if this can be fixed and how much? Thank you in advanc. X
4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Yes, a broken screen can be replaced.  Typically an official repair will cost in the region of £150 - £200.  

If you have insurance on the device it may be cheaper to pay the excess.  If you don't have a specific policy, you may find your device is covered under your contents insurance or packaged bank account. Do remember though that a claim on your contents insurance may push up your renewal price. 

PWIAC

It's not just the screen that's smashed. It's gone all dark with big yellow lines running through it.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

I would suggest contacting HTC UK Support as they may be able to assist you remotely over the phone / chat or arrange to have the phone sent to them to run a diagnostic / repair at a cost or ask Vodaphone

Their will be standalone shops that could look at it but be aware that if their not authorised engineers this could invalidate any remaining manufacturers warranty.

Unfortunately the drop may have caused internal damage as well as the smashed screen.

Link to support is http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p

@Chelst90 wrote:
It's not just the screen that's smashed. It's gone all dark with big yellow lines running through it.

That would be caused by the damage to the screen itself.  I'm afraid that the only way you are going to get it fixed is to take in to a repair center or see if HTC will allow a postal repair.

PWIAC