Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Call barring password not working

realredranger
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a new HTC One. I am going on holiday and wanted to block incoming calls while roaming, which you can do from the "Call barring settings".

However, when I try to do this, I am asking for a call barring password. I have never set any such password. I tried 0000 and 1234 without success. I tried the option to change the password without success. Now whenever I enter a password I am given a message of Network or SIM card error.

Any ideas on what I can do? Any ideas what the password might be? I read somewhere that the default is 0000 but as I say, that didn't work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi realredranger,

I've just tried to do the same with my M8 and get the same message.

It's most likely as we need to block it on our network directly.

You can do this by switching off call roaming on your My Vodafone account.

Simply login, the click on "Manage my settings" and you'll see the option at the bottom.

Thanks,

Matt B

NO I CANT EVEN DO THIS Because I Havent Created My Account On Vodafone Earlier And Now When I Tried To Create, The Webpage Is Showing My Number Non-Valid.

And But The Problem In My Phone (Micromax Canvas 2 A110) Is That, I Cant Even Go To The Call Barring Page And It Is Showing Me "Network And Sim Card Error" After A Little Loading.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Tazer We're more than happy to help further with your query. Please send us your details via the private message I've sent you.