Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't open mms message htc one

lauralovely
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Rang vodafone 3 times already today...

ive received a picture message but I can't download it. Just says generic network failure.

have turned wifi off, texted web to 40127 for new settings, manually updated settings. Been told to select a different network then reselect Vodafone, had messaging switched off then back on. No block or bar on my mms settings....don't know what else I can do? I might add that I have this issue on every device I use!

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

If the APN Settings look to be right and you have your Mobile Data turned on as you need to be connected to 3G / 4G then you may need to speak to Customer services on 191 to have your account 'Re Provisioned' for MMS. It's important you use that terminology. 

Live Chat maybe able to action this too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

sbaker106
4: Newbie

Are you using Google Hangouts as your app for text and mms messages?

I have the same problem with Hangouts not downloading mms. Try switching to using the inbuilt message app instead (open hangouts, settings, sms, change default message app) and get someone to send you an mms to check that your phone will receive them.

Searching the web shows lots of people have problems with Hangouts and mms

hrym

I've seen it suggested that it's a bad idea to use Hangouts for MMS because it autoplays content, which could leave you vulnerable to the Stagefright bug.   So, I'm wondering whether there's been a partial fix that's causing the present issue? (Either at source or in the app).

And, yes, you need to check that:

1. Your account is correctly provisioned.

2. You have the correct APN (if the devcie came from Vodafone and connects to the internet correctly, you almost certainly have.

3. There's no bar on your account.

4. MMS aren't blocked in the message app you're using.