You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
richiedouglas

Delivery Charges - why have i been charged

I've recently started a new contract with yourselves and I've now received an invoice for delivery of my phone of £4.94. Since when did phone companies charge for delivering the phones??

I've been with both O2 and Orange and neither do this. Furthermore, I was never informed there was going to be any charges. Surely, by law, you have to advise the client of all charges involved when issuing a contract.

Has anyone else been charged for delivery?
Message 1 of 9 (13,118 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
Nabs

hmmm... thats interesting. How did you order you phone?

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 9 (13,118 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
rehalworks

Hey mate they do charge customesr if you order over the phone, but if you order online its free delivery with all the delivery orders and you save more by ordering online, if you ask them they may wave that delivery charge as a good wills gesture as you were not informed by them over the phone.

Message 3 of 9 (13,118 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
MattJones

I too got charged delivery
Message 4 of 9 (13,118 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Jon_V

Hi all,

Delivery charges vary depending on where you place your order, but you should always be informed of the cost at the time of ordering. I would recommend that if you wish to contend the charge, you contact Customer Services so they can have a look into your account directly and take the issue up with the sales agent who ordered the phone for you.

Jon

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? click here
Message 5 of 9 (13,118 Views)
richiedouglas

Cheers guys, I ordered through the twitter deal so somebody called me back and the order was taken over the phone.

I'll give the customer services guys a call in a bit to see what they can do.
Message 6 of 9 (13,118 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi richiedougles,

You mentioned the twitter deal, so I've checked and we have your details.

One of the team will be contacting you shortly regarding this.

DaveN

eForum team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 9 (13,118 Views)
medha01

Re: Delivery Charges - why have i been charged

Hello,

I ordered my phone in october. And this is my second bill after my upgrade and i've been charged for the delivery in my second bill.

I never agreed for any delivery of £5 and i got my phone delivered to a vodafone store. I was never made aware of this charge at any time. The sales person never mentioned it to me. Plus I also requested (within the first 7 days) specifically for my new contract to be sent to me via email and nothing was mentioned again.

Also this is my second handset from vodafone. I was not charged for this £5 delivery for my first one and hence I was not aware of it. 

I called up the customer service and the lady said it must have been assumed that i was aware. Well i wasn't.

I never agreed to pay the £5 delivery charge nor was made aware, can this be written off?

Message 8 of 9 (12,003 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Re: Delivery Charges - why have i been charged

Hi medha01, 

If you ordered over the phone then a standard delivery charge of £4.94 is applicable - this forms part of the script that the sales agent reads to you as part of your upgrade.

You would need to agree to the script in several places before the call is completed and your phone is ordered but I can understand how you may have missed the info about the charge.

We can have a listen to the call for you and see what was mentioned - if the agent missed this info off we can feed it back and get you refunded if necessary.

I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team - follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can to help.

Paul

Message 9 of 9 (11,969 Views)