You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
xenomorph

Delivery To None Home Address

Hi,

Earlier in the week I went through the procedure to order an HTC magic... only to discover it could only be sent to my home address. This is less than ideal.

Basically I want to know whether or not I can have it sent to a work address instead? I can't be alone in being someone whose home address ( i.e. long term address where they have a credit history ) is not the address where they happen to be staying most of the time ( in my case I move about so much I have everything sent and registered to the family home which is at the other side of the country and thus not much use for deliveries ).

Is there any way around this? I want to be able to order over the internet so I can still take advantage of the Quidco cashback offer. I concede that it might be possible to do this over the phone but if not for the cashback I probably wouldn't be interested.

Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 8 (2,366 Views)
xenomorph

Come on people, do you want my money or not! :)
Message 2 of 8 (2,366 Views)
xenomorph

Come on people, do you want my money or not! :)

Guess not.
Message 3 of 8 (2,366 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi xenomorph,

Many thanks for the reminder!!

I have to say that your post is logged and will be worked. Unfortunately, due to the massive popularity of the forum, we are running a little behind, but we will answer your post just as soon as we can, promise!!

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team
Message 4 of 8 (2,366 Views)
drjen88

I am a student so I have the same problem, my 'home' address is my parents which is the other side of the country and I was looking to order a new phone before I go home for the summer as my contract ends soon. Is there any way to request a different delivery address? Or oder online but collect instore?
Thanks
Message 5 of 8 (2,366 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Jon_V

Hi drjen88 and xenomorph,

Unfortunately, if you're buying a phone on a new account with us, it must be sent to the same address as on your bank details for security reasons. By enforcing this, it protects people against identity theft and fraud, as it ensures that you, and only you, can take receipt of the handset.

Once it comes to upgrade time, when your account has been fully set-up for a long time, we will then be able to send deliveries out to any address of your choosing, but unfortunately the first order must go to your billing address and we cannot make any exceptions to this policy :(

I trust that this makes the situation a bit clearer for you.

Jon

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? click here
Message 6 of 8 (2,366 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
mattchew

I have asked for it to be delivered to my local vodafone shop.

It is at the specific vodafone stores discretion to accept to receive it or not.

Not received the phone yet... It was ment to be delivered today... i called the store this morning and they said they would call me when it arrives... no call yet :(

I work nights so i'll call them before i go to sleep tomorrow morning.

I hope this phone is worth all this messing around... ah well, less than 14 days to decide.
Message 7 of 8 (2,366 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey mattchew,

Did you manage to get the handset from your local store?

If so, what do you think?

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team
Message 8 of 8 (2,366 Views)