Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Desire S - Facebook issue

maritimesbob
2: Seeker

Hello,

Just recently signed up to Vodafone monthly and opted for the Desire S phone. I am happy with the phone however it appears the Facebook app is 90% of the time not working properly.

I have tried updating the app to the latest release. I have tried removing the update, I went as far as performing a factory restore. Figure the phone is new so I don't have much to lose.

Nope the Facebook app is still not fully working. What happens, when I try to view a newsfeed it just sits on "loading content" before eventually a connection/time-out error pops-up or something similar. This seems to only happen when using wireless. If I connect to mobile internet the app newsfeed connects after a few seconds. The rest of the Facebook seems to work on the whole but the newsfeed is of course the "meat and potatoes" of the app!

I'm sure this isn't a problem with the Facebook app itself. I have the exact same app working on another smartphone (non HTC) plus the app works fine on mobile internet, the issue seems to be wireless related.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

sjholland87

It's nothing to do with the phone. The Android facebook app is notorious for never working. It's because it's developed by Facebook themselves rather than google or HTC so it isn't optimised as good as it can be for the OS and phone

You just have to grin and bear it I'm afraid. Coming from the Palm developed Facebook app on the pre, this one is a poor substitute.

Or just use friend stream

The Facebook app is a pile of ordure.  Download a browser such as Opera and do it properly. 

John

This facebook app is driving me nuts.  The app doesn't work - trying to access facebook via chrome doesn't work. Facebook works perfectly well on my husband's Samsung so it must  be the HTC

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Irenaekl

This is not something that we support. I'd recommend contacting the app developers or HTC directly for further help.