Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty HTC one mini 2

susiecalvert_52
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I have had my HTC one mini two for about a year now. Over the last 6 months it has started slowing down and stopped working properly at times. Issues include:

crashing frequently

freezing frequently

not sending messages

not recieving messages

not telling me when a voicemail has been left

On research it seems many people have these issues with this particular model so its not just my phone. I have already had to have the handset replaced early into the contract as the microphones stopped working. It is getting increasingly frustrating and I have tried many of the fixes already i.e. factory reset, clearing out memory etc etc. Basically I cannot see how I will manage with this phone for another year. Has anyone ever had there phone swapped for another of similar spec and price range when there is an obvious fault with the model of phone? Thanks

Susie

7 REPLIES 7

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, if I was you I would contact HTC direct and arrange for the phone to be sent to them to look at, they have much more leeway when it comes to repairs/replacement.

The other way is to use Vodafone's repair service.

Thanks,

Having had another quick look through the forums it seems many people are having the same problem and Vodafone are just replacing the handsets for the same one. At this point I'm thinking I might just go trade it in a buy a cheaper phone to last me the rest of the year, just having something thats not as slow as a snail will be a bonus!

I suggest you look at the string "HTC mini 2 - always breaking" and you'll see a myriad of others with exactly the same issues. Regrettably the 'techteam' on here will just try fob you off, but you can see that Vodafone do admit (eventually) to there being an inherent problem and you can demand a different handset.

"I just want to let other HTC One mini 2 users know that - after much insistence, complaints via various channels and an email to the CEO - I have finally been contacted by someone from the Customer Relations team. They have assured me that next time this phone breaks (since I have just now received yet another new replacement) they will allow me to replace it for a different make and model of the same value.  They have put a detailed note on my file to that effect.  Obviously I cannot test this until the phone breaks again - which we know it will - but I suggest you contact this team (Removed by Moderator) and demand the same. 

Despite what the reps on this chat say, there IS an issue with this phone, the tech team and the people in store know about it and, from my experience, are pretty embarassed when they have to tell customers there is no process for addressing it.

Hopefully the promise made to me by Customer Relations is an honest one and you can demand the same. How Vodafone go about sorting out their Customer Services and customer experience...? That is another matter because, as it stands, it falls short of the lowest of low expectations

Hi Matt, thanks for the reply. It unfortunately got to the point where I was unable to use the phone because it was so slow. Instead of replacing it (again!) I opted to recycle it and I have had to buy another phone out of my own pocket which is of much less value. The lady in the vodafone store said that she doesn't let people buy this phone because of the issues being reported by most customers. It is such a shame Vodafone haven't responded well to this. I am very disappointed in the customer service and am very likely to change service once this contract is up - I have had one phone that hasn't worked properly for a year and one that Is pretty poor for the money I am paying on my contract, not happy Vodafone!

jeanga

My HTC One Mini 2 has been giving me problems and I expected my Vodaphone store to assist with this.  Unfortunately the service received by them has been very disappointing, almost as much as the problems with the phone.  After another frustating time in store I was given a replacement HTC One M8.  I have lost any inclination to go back to speak to the assistant manager who quite frankly was totally unprofessional, rude, condescending and uncomplimentary about his staff.  This replacement phone is too big and does not fit my phone case however as I have another year before this contract ends I suppose it will have to be endured.  I dont think I will renew with Vodafone after next year.  The problems with the phone were bad enough, having to deal with staff who 'know it all' and have no respect is another issue. 

63johnw
Hi, I can't comment on the staff and the way you have been treat but the phone you have received is far superior to the one that's been replaced.

If you still want a mini 2 you could sell the m8 and buy a mini 2 and probably still have cash left over.

matt_085
4: Newbie
Honestly, you are lucky to have got rid of your mini, you'll see that it has inherent defects that the manufacturers and Vodafone denies, to their shame. Well done for getting a replacement.