Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Google Play/Android Market

Rhionnach1
2: Seeker

When the Android market changed to Google Play I decided to keep with the old Android Market as it seemed to take up too much memory. However, having run into a problem with Foursquare I now find I need to have Google Play installed. I am unable to find a way to upgrade my old Android Market, however. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rhionnach1, 

This is strange, I didn't know it gave you the option to keep the old Android Market. 

If you update your Firmware this should sort this for you. You haven't mentioned which phone you have but if you connect it to your computer you'll be notified of any updates. 

Thanks, 

Kay

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rhionnach1, 

This is strange, I didn't know it gave you the option to keep the old Android Market. 

If you update your Firmware this should sort this for you. You haven't mentioned which phone you have but if you connect it to your computer you'll be notified of any updates. 

Thanks, 

Kay

pumpman816

i have an android cobot 4.2 mobile.

the speach button has been used for hard of hearing sound, speaks on each letter of texts ect please help me to turn it off, i have been on settings and cannot find it, i love my mobile but cant put up with it much longer

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Have you looked under Accessibility in Settings?   It's in the Personal section.  When I opened it on my HTC, it mentioned an app called something like Talk Back (sorry, I cancelled it and it wasn't offered again).  If there's nothing to turn off in Settings, it might be worth having a look to see if there's anything like that installed - maybe it's there?