Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Got 3g but no 4g on Unlocked HTC One m8

dbarber
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Took on Vodafone 4g tariff beginning of June 15, so far not been able to connect to 4g.  Had 10+ calls to Vodafone and there tech teams, 3 separate SIMs, many checks on coverage (OK), phone APN config (OK) and network mode (OK - GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto).

The phone immediately connects to 4g using my son's SIM that is on the 3 network.

May be something to do with incompatibilty with the network frequency used by Vodafone?

12 REPLIES 12

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The onus is on us as users I'm afraid.  We need to do the research to make sure that our handsets work as intended with the frequencies provided by particular networks.

If you are buying a handset, you should be doing the research first or only buying one supplied by the network.

As a SIM Only customer, you are providing your own phone and should be making sure it works on the network you choose to go with. It's not up to Vodafone to advise on compatibility. 

PWIAC

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

This is a common story with online dealers - selling phones designed for a different geographical market on the grey market so they get them cheaper.

I'd take it back to them and demand a refund - it isn't for for purpose in the UK.

One of the many reasons why I wouldn't buy a phone from such a source.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

I'm with Jeffkinn on this one.   Vodafone didn't sell you the device and the seller who did is responsible for the fact that it's not UK-compatible (assuming they did actualy sell it as such).

800mhz is Vodafone's main frequency for 4G and you'll only get it at a few sites on 2600.