Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC Desire 310 new phone setup.

dodgiepops
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

hi I have just received my new Htc Desire 310, put a new sim in! that was fine, waited for vodafone to activate sim! that went fine untill it came to update the settings on the new phone! so I went to the configuration message pressed ok then the phone asked for a code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought this is strange for a new phone to ask for codes when I have only just recieved the phone & it wouldn't allow me to update the settings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I went on line & spoke to someone & they couldn't help so they phoned me on the landline & put me through to tech team!!!!!!!!!!! A young lady answered the phone who clearly had no Idea what phone I was talking about or how to resolve the Issue!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I went to HTC websight looking for a user manual, sadly they no longer keep it in their support section, so I went back to vodapfone to see if i could find a manual there but yes you guessed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they sell the phone but no user Manual or recognition of the HTCDesire 310!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

All I want to be able to do is update my phone so as it is configured properly yet no one has any Idea what code my phone is asking for!!!!!!!!!!! can Any One Help PLEASE 

One Very Unhappy Customer. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

13 REPLIES 13

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dodgiepops,

What is the message that appears on the phone with regards to the code?

It may be worth looking at the HTC troubleshooting guide for further help too.

Thanks,

Matt B

hi Matt,

when I go to the configuration message It just comes up with Install or cancel, I press Install & it then comes up with enter Code! it doesnt say what code it want's just enter code, I have tried all the usual codes 4/0s 5/os 1234,& 12345, but nothing! I haven't set any codes what so ever on the phone so I know it is nothing I have done.

hi Matt here are some screen shots to show what I mean.

1. configuration message

2. into message

3. when the code comes up.

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
I wonder if this is some sort of SIM security code?

Did you get the phone new or second hand?

The usual password is 00000 (5 zero's)

hi SoupDragon,

I got the phone supposedly Brand new from Vodafone, the box was sealed so I guess it is New.

My thoughts were could it be a repaired phone or one that some one sent back as they were unhappy with it. 

I have tried all the normal codes that you come across with new phones, the young lady on Saturday said to try them all & it just kept coming up with Code, but as I say she did sound very much out of her depth as she clearly had no Idea what phone I had, I am just stumped as to what this code could be as there is nothing on the HTC support website about this issue.

thanks for your help tho.

thesoupdragon
Did you buy the phone second hand or on eBay?
That looks like a SIM security pin code request.

thesoupdragon
Something to try....

Remove the SIM card

Now try a factory reset.
Let the phone reset but don't set it up.
Turn the phone off and put the SIM card back in.
Now restart the phone and follow the setup instructions on screen.
.see if that helps?

I'm having the exact same problem but the factory reset hasn't worked?

Hi tracy_anne48,

If you’re unable to use the configuration text to set up your phone, you can do it manually.

There are full instructions on how to do this here.

Thanks,

Andy