Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC Desire 310 new phone setup.

dodgiepops
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

hi I have just received my new Htc Desire 310, put a new sim in! that was fine, waited for vodafone to activate sim! that went fine untill it came to update the settings on the new phone! so I went to the configuration message pressed ok then the phone asked for a code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought this is strange for a new phone to ask for codes when I have only just recieved the phone & it wouldn't allow me to update the settings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I went on line & spoke to someone & they couldn't help so they phoned me on the landline & put me through to tech team!!!!!!!!!!! A young lady answered the phone who clearly had no Idea what phone I was talking about or how to resolve the Issue!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I went to HTC websight looking for a user manual, sadly they no longer keep it in their support section, so I went back to vodapfone to see if i could find a manual there but yes you guessed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they sell the phone but no user Manual or recognition of the HTCDesire 310!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

All I want to be able to do is update my phone so as it is configured properly yet no one has any Idea what code my phone is asking for!!!!!!!!!!! can Any One Help PLEASE 

One Very Unhappy Customer. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

13 REPLIES 13

I have this same issue.

In the support section of the Vodafone site, it shows how to set up the SMS settings, but fails to say there is a PIN that is required.

It is not the SIM Lock PIN as I don't have one set, and it is not the handset PIN.

It is a Vodafone contract sim in to a brand new, sealed in the box Desire 310 PAYG from Vodafone.

Internet is set up for contract WAP.

Text messages are not sending.

Question, what is the PIN for the configuration message?!

Thanks

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
I think your quickest solution is to go into a Vodafone store, where Staff can check your settings, check the sim card and indeed check the phone itself for faults.

Its not unheard of to have a faulty sim, there could be some sort of block on your account (re: Pin request).
If the phone itself is faulty they can arrange a replacement.

😉

msmorrison
1: Seeker
Most probably it will be quicker in store.

But it would have been nice to achieve a result online which saves driving 40 miles and paying for parking.

hrym

Something's not right here.  I've never heard of a setup PIN and SMS should pick up what it needs from the SIM.   Once you can get SMS working, you can get the correct APN by texting WEB to 40127, but the APN has nothign to do with SMS.