Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
EnVeeEss

HTC Desire HD - Syncing Outlook Contacts

Although I've read quite a few strings both here and in other forums, I'm still having problems when trying to sync contacts that I've entered on my HD to my PC. Syncing contacts entered on my PC to the HD works ok when using HTC Sync.

I have never previously used gMail but have now set up an account and can see that all the new contacts I entered directly onto the HD are registering in my gmail accounts list - BUT NONE OF MY OUTLOOK CONTACTS ARE LISTED.

I do not want to stop using Outlook and so need to get Outlook AND gMail AND the HD to sync. Can anyone help?

PS - I have tried using MyPhoneExplorer and SyncSquare to do this but to no avail!
Message 1 of 5 (4,947 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi EnVeeEss and welcome to he Vodafone eForum. :)

You should be able to sync Outlook with your handset. :)

You can do this by using the Google Calender Sync software:

Step 1: Download the Google Calendar Sync software, and then install this software.
Step 2: Enter your Gmail account information. Select 2-Way sync as this will sync your Outlook with Gmail.
Step 3: Set sync interval in minutes.
Step 4: Click OK

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team
Message 2 of 5 (4,947 Views)
EnVeeEss

Hi EnVeeEss and welcome to he Vodafone eForum.

You should be able to sync Outlook with your handset.

You can do this by using the Google Calender Sync software:

Step 1: Download the Google Calendar Sync software, and then install this software.
Step 2: Enter your Gmail account information. Select 2-Way sync as this will sync your Outlook with Gmail.
Step 3: Set sync interval in minutes.
Step 4: Click OK

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team
Message 3 of 5 (4,947 Views)
EnVeeEss

Hi Trev

Thanks for getting back to me. Have tried your suggestion, but am getting error message up everytime I install Google Sync software. Looks like there may be a conflict with either Win 7 or Outlook 2007.

Any more suggestions?

EnVeeEss
Message 4 of 5 (4,947 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi EnVeeEss

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that this still isn't working. :(

Can you tell me what the error message that you are getting is?

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm all out of ideas, perhaps some of our other eForum members will be able to help you further with this.

Let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 5 (4,947 Views)