You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

HTC Desire HD - Won't Switch On

hi,all
please could anybody help ? i have a htc desire hd and have owned this for just over two weeks and i can't switch my fone on and i have charged my fone overnight all i have on the top left hand side of the screen is a green power light please help .
Message 1 of 4 (8,338 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

hi,all
please could anybody help ? i have a htc desire hd and have owned this for just over two weeks and i can't switch my fone on and i have charged my fone overnight all i have on the top left hand side of the screen is a green power light please help .

When i first got my desire, my charge lead was faulty, however even when i plugged it into my phone, the led light came on. before you send it back to see if its faulty, have you got another micro usb or anyone at work? to try and make sure its not the charger that has developed the fault and actually your phone is dead. Blackberry and nokia all use micro usb now so someone you know hopefully should have a spare charger for you to try.

if not and it wont turn on, next check is to make sure its not the battery, go into any phone shop ( pref where you got it from though, you might of got it fromt he internet) and ask them youve got this fault but you wanna make sure its not the faulty battery, a user last week had same thing, i suggested the charger, but charger was fine, turned out to be his battery that was faulty, so ask them to borrow a battery from another desire they have in store and see if it turns on.

if that checks out it needs to go back for replacement or repair if its not fault with lead or battery, then it can only be the phone.
Message 2 of 4 (8,338 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

When i first got my desire, my charge lead was faulty, however even when i plugged it into my phone, the led light came on. before you send it back to see if its faulty, have you got another micro usb or anyone at work? to try and make sure its not the charger that has developed the fault and actually your phone is dead. Blackberry and nokia all use micro usb now so someone you know hopefully should have a spare charger for you to try.

if not and it wont turn on, next check is to make sure its not the battery, go into any phone shop ( pref where you got it from though, you might of got it fromt he internet) and ask them youve got this fault but you wanna make sure its not the faulty battery, a user last week had same thing, i suggested the charger, but charger was fine, turned out to be his battery that was faulty, so ask them to borrow a battery from another desire they have in store and see if it turns on.

if that checks out it needs to go back for replacement or repair if its not fault with lead or battery, then it can only be the phone.

GREAT NEWS, i have checked my htc with another charger and i,m back on so many thanks for your help
Message 3 of 4 (8,338 Views)
Sukhi
Topics: 154
Solutions: 177

Hi acid19712

I'm glad to hear that you're up and running with your new HTC Desire HD :D, although it's a shame about the faulty charger:mellow:.

Sukhi
eForum Team

P.S. Don't forget to check out our Hints & Tips for the HTC Desire - It's full of tricks :).
Message 4 of 4 (8,338 Views)
Nexus 6

Nexus 6

More space to explore

Buy now