Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Adestar

HTC Desire Pics issue

Hi,

I have a HTC Desire HD and photos I take keep disappearing from my phone.

I have some pics in my gallery that I downloaded, whatever I take now will go in my gallery, but a day or 2 later just vanish. I have used picsa as wallpaper and they stayed as my wallpaper, but have gone from my gallery and it seems my phone.

Anyone else had similar issues or can offer any solutions?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 5 (2,976 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Styly

Re: HTC Desire Pics issue

Try UPLOADING a photo somewhere (facebook or tinypic or something) and see if the lost pics come up in the selections offered.. I've had the same problems in the past, when I've connected my phone to a computer via the usb lead, they usually show on the pc Please note, when i had the issue, it was NOT on a htc phone
Message 2 of 5 (2,951 Views)
vmw
Rank 1: Guest
vmw

Hi

I've had exactly the same problem, and the only way I seem to be able to get pictures back is to take the battery out and put it back in again. Vodafone think it is a software issue.

V

Message 3 of 5 (2,935 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hey Guys

Many thanks for this.

So that we can test this on the device in the office please can you let me know the following;

Are the pictures stored on the phone memory or the memory card?

What Software version are you running?

If you can let us know we will be able to test this for you.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 5 (2,918 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
kevinx

Desire and DesireHD.

Never had the problems reported. Images are all stored direct to MicroSD card.

I use the native photo gallery and also QuickPic gallery, and images appear in both.

Maybe you have buggy phones? Have you hard reset (after backing up all data first, "just in case"?)

Good luck

Cheers

Current/Previous Devices:- HTC OneX (W) HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) :-)
Message 5 of 5 (2,886 Views)