You are here:
Ask a question:
Administrator
Administrator
KD

HTC Desire S Ultimate Offer!

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

We’re thrilled to have the brand new HTC Desire S coming to Vodafone! We’re so excited, we’ve managed to put together a stunning offer for a handful of customers that will knock your socks off! Are you always torn as to what to go for between a short contract, low cost line rental or a top of the range device? How about all three at the same time?! :smileyhappy:

What we’re offering:

A HTC Desire S Ultimate Offer!

You’re in with a chance to get a free HTC Desire S handset worth over £400 on a 12 month contract offering 600 UK minutes, unlimited standard UK texts and 500MB of UK data worth £35 per month for just £17.50 a month!

This is subject to either a successful credit check or the upgrade eligibility rules. Terms apply.

How to enter:

1. Here you can find some useful informationand the terms about the HTC Desire S Ultimate Offer.
  1. You'll need to be at least 18 years old to enter and live in the UK. You can only win this competition once.
  2. To enter you’ll need to be registered as a member of the Vodafone eForum http://forum.vodafone.co.uk
  3. One question will be posted in the eForum here at 1pm everyday of the week from Monday 11th April 2011 to Friday 15th April 2011.  You’ll have six hours to answer and then we’ll select winner(s) at random from entries with the correct answers after the six hour entry period closes each day of the competition.
  4. There will be one winner on day one (Monday 11th April 2011). Two winners on day two, three winners on day three, four winners on day four and five winners on day five (Friday 15th April 2011).
  5. We'll not be responsible if your entry is incomplete, lost or doesn’t comply with the rules. 

To be in with the best chance to win make sure you register early! :smileywink:

Message 1 of 68 (10,408 Views)
Administrator
Administrator
KD

Terms and Conditions

[ Edited ]

Winner and prizes

6.            The winners will be offered a HTC Desire S free of charge on a 12 month contract. Your monthly plan will be for 600 UK minutes, unlimited standard UK texts and 500MB of UK data at a discounted cost of £17.50 a month. After 12 months your plan will revert to the normal cost of £35 a month and you’ll need to contact us should you want to change this. Winners are responsible for all

other costs associated with the prize, for example out of bundle call charges and additional services.

7.            We’ll contact winners using the email address that was provided during registration on the eForum.

8.            If we’ve not received a response by our third attempt at contacting the winners, another winning entry will be selected. If you can’t accept the prize for any reason please let us know as soon as possible. No additional prize will be provided.

9.          If a prize is not available for any reason we’ll try and replace the prize where possible with a prize of equal or greater value.

10.          We don’t allow you to re-sell or transfer your prize and we won’t give you cash instead.

11.          Please allow up to 30 days from notification of your win for delivery of the prize. We rely on other companies to send the prize to you, so if there’s a problem with your prize please don’t hesitate to contact us.

12.          The HTC Desire S 12 month contract is subject to a credit check (or our upgrade eligibility rules) and the Airtime Conditions. Winners will also need to provide bank details over the phone to set up payment for their contract.

13.          Sorry, you’re not allowed to enter the competition if:

• You’re under 18 years old
  • You don’t live in the UK
  • You’re a Vodafone employee, agent or professionally associated with the running of this competition

Publicity and content

14.          Where we need to we’ll use your details to run the competition and contact you if you’re a winner or take out an alternative contract with us. Anyone who receives a prize or offer should check out our Privacy Policy for more details on how and why we retain your details.

15.          Whilst we'll try and fulfil our obligations to run the competition smoothly, we’ll not be responsible if something happens which isn’t in our reasonable control.

16.          If you're unsuccessful you may be contacted by us with an offer for a tailored pay monthly contract with a minimum term. Such offer is subject to our Airtime Conditions, price plan terms and our credit check or upgrade eligibility criteria.

17.          To find out who has won the competition, we’ll list the names on the eForum here after the 15th April 2011.

18.          By entering into the competition we’ll take that as your acceptance of these rules. Our decisions are final and we reserve

the right not to enter into detailed responses to you.

Who are we?

Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14, 2FN

Message 2 of 68 (10,406 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
EddyOS

Re: Terms and Conditions

How come the same contract is £40/month if you look on your website?
HTC One X (S720e)
ROM: 3.14.401.31 (JRO03C)
HBOOT: 1.39.0000 | Recovery: Stock
Radio: 5.1204.162.29 | Kernel: Stock
Message 3 of 68 (9,977 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

[ Edited ]

Hi EddyOS,

The same deal on our website will be more as this is an ‘Ultimate Offer’ and from what we’ve seen, you won’t find this deal anywhere else! :smileyhappy:

Are you going to enter? It’s a great opportunity to win such a brilliant deal!

Best wishes,

Jenny

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Message 4 of 68 (9,687 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Donna80

Where it says int he Terms, "The winners will be offered a HTC Desire S free of charge on a 12 month contract. Your monthly plan will be ... discounted cost of £17.50 a month."

Does that mean the winner has to pay that contract?

Message 5 of 68 (9,566 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

[ Edited ]

Hi Donna80,

Yes - the winner of the competition will win the contract at the discounted rate of just £17.50 a month over 12 months with a free phone!

It’s a great deal! Are you entering? :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Jenny

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Message 6 of 68 (9,483 Views)
EddyOS

The original text says you get a tarriff which is £35/month for £17.50 but if you look at the 12 month tarriff online it's actually £40/month

And no I won't be entering, I still have a year on my existing contract so unless you'd waive that one for me to have this I'll leave it

HTC One X (S720e)
Message 7 of 68 (9,457 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
ianfreeman

Absolutely! Totally useless for existing customers who have time left on a contract. Another Vodafone smokescreen.

Message 8 of 68 (9,353 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi EddyOS and ianfreeman,

What we did was to take one of our 18 month deals, reduce the commitment and half the price.

The winner can accept the prize as either an upgrade or a new connection, however they must be within the upgrade eligibility rules in order to take this as an upgrade.

Thanks,

Jenny

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Message 9 of 68 (9,333 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
ianfreeman

Precisely what I said! Totally useless as a deal. So glad, though, that I am able to continue to pour huge sums of money into your laps despite being lumbered with a phone I loathe, a long contract I should never have signed (I've been with Vodafone for 15 years and should know better) and your 'upgrade eligibility rules' which are self-serving rather than customer friendly. Rest assured that when this contract ends you will not see me for dust - I will be off to a provider that gives a monkey's about customer loyalty rather than trying to attract low-spending 12 year-olds at the expense of we long-termists.
Message 10 of 68 (9,284 Views)
kayleighm2010

hey can i have a free phone plz

Message 11 of 68 (9,262 Views)
marks2011

Re: HTC Desire S Ultimate Offer Competition!

hey can i have a free fone plz

Message 12 of 68 (9,261 Views)
EddyOS

Re: HTC Desire S Ultimate Offer Competition!

In which case you should say that you're also reducing the contract term from 18 months to 12 months. Seems a bit cheeky if you ask me.

With the apparent reintroduction of 12 month contracts I think those on 24 month contracts should be given the option to upgrade. I'd happily buy the Desire S and get a 12 month contract than keep my 24 month one
HTC One X (S720e)
Message 13 of 68 (9,228 Views)
Donna80

[ Edited ]

lol - that is rediculous.

I did enter but I'm going to have to retract it as I cannot afford to win a prixe that will COST ME £17.50 / MONTH !!

I have a Vodafone contract that I'm renewing mobile free tomorrow. A new free handset would be amazing, but a new monthly BILL is terrible.

Message 14 of 68 (9,206 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
bgs264

Hey,

What do you guys mean by the "upgrade eligibility rules" - If you have 6 months left on your current contract will you do a usual 'early upgrade' and give this on 12 months at the prize price, plus then the remaining time on your normal plan price? so for example 12 months at £17.50 then 6 months at £35 ?
Message 15 of 68 (9,105 Views)
Donna80

Its not practical to afford two contracts so as a new contract prize its not really featable..

BUT, in terms of 'upgrading' your current contract.. that is better but personally I love my Stop the Clock and (even more so) my Unlimited data.. Those features just give me a tonne of reasurance even if I barely use them. That would be tough to give up.

Could the prize as an upgrade be adapted to keep existing features from our current contract? 

Message 16 of 68 (9,090 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi Everyone

Today’s competition has now closed. Thanks for all of your entries, and we’ll notify the winner as soon as we can.

There are 2 more up for grabs tomorrow, so stick around for more details being announced in the morning.

Have a pleasant evening :smileyhappy:

Many Thanks

Simon
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Message 17 of 68 (9,010 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

Ianfreeman, I’m sorry to see you feel like that.

I’ve sent an email to your registered eForum email address, so if you’d like to reply with the requested information we’ll be more than happy to look into this further for you.

When I referred to the upgrade eligibility rules, this is when you have 70 days or less on your current contract.

Kayleigh2010 and marks2011, you can see how to win a great contract with a free phone above :smileyhappy:

EddyOS, as I said above, this offer is available to anyone within the upgrade eligibility rules of 70 days or less. Anyone else who wishes to enter can take this as a new/additional connection.

Donna80, this ultimate offer is for the free phone on the detailed price plan. If you’re within your upgrade period, you could enter and win this great plan which you won’t get anywhere else!

Bgs264, if you have 70 days left on your contract and you won, you would have the plan detailed above at £17.50 for 12 months from the date we set this up and then at £35.00 for the remaining 70 days (for example) towards the end of your contract.

Best of luck to everybody for today’s draw! :smileyvery-happy:

Best wishes,

Jenny

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Message 18 of 68 (8,777 Views)
scousemouse

is this where we reply for a chance to win the phone.... i was just on my account this morning looking for a new phone as i can now upgrade woooo hoooo
Message 19 of 68 (8,550 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi scousemouse,

It's a fab offer isn't it!

A question will be posted in the eForum here at 1pm every day. You’ll need to post your answer in that thread to be in with a chance.

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

Best wishes,

Jenny

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Message 20 of 68 (8,514 Views)