11-04-2011 11:01 AM - edited 12-04-2011 11:07 AM
We’re thrilled to have the brand new HTC Desire S coming to Vodafone! We’re so excited, we’ve managed to put together a stunning offer for a handful of customers that will knock your socks off! Are you always torn as to what to go for between a short contract, low cost line rental or a top of the range device? How about all three at the same time?!
What we’re offering:
A HTC Desire S Ultimate Offer!
You’re in with a chance to get a free HTC Desire S handset worth over £400 on a 12 month contract offering 600 UK minutes, unlimited standard UK texts and 500MB of UK data worth £35 per month for just £17.50 a month!
This is subject to either a successful credit check or the upgrade eligibility rules. Terms apply.
How to enter:
To be in with the best chance to win make sure you register early!
11-04-2011 11:11 AM - edited 11-04-2011 12:05 PM
6. The winners will be offered a HTC Desire S free of charge on a 12 month contract. Your monthly plan will be for 600 UK minutes, unlimited standard UK texts and 500MB of UK data at a discounted cost of £17.50 a month. After 12 months your plan will revert to the normal cost of £35 a month and you’ll need to contact us should you want to change this. Winners are responsible for all
other costs associated with the prize, for example out of bundle call charges and additional services.
7. We’ll contact winners using the email address that was provided during registration on the eForum.
8. If we’ve not received a response by our third attempt at contacting the winners, another winning entry will be selected. If you can’t accept the prize for any reason please let us know as soon as possible. No additional prize will be provided.
9. If a prize is not available for any reason we’ll try and replace the prize where possible with a prize of equal or greater value.
10. We don’t allow you to re-sell or transfer your prize and we won’t give you cash instead.
11. Please allow up to 30 days from notification of your win for delivery of the prize. We rely on other companies to send the prize to you, so if there’s a problem with your prize please don’t hesitate to contact us.
12. The HTC Desire S 12 month contract is subject to a credit check (or our upgrade eligibility rules) and the Airtime Conditions. Winners will also need to provide bank details over the phone to set up payment for their contract.
13. Sorry, you’re not allowed to enter the competition if:
15. Whilst we'll try and fulfil our obligations to run the competition smoothly, we’ll not be responsible if something happens which isn’t in our reasonable control.
16. If you're unsuccessful you may be contacted by us with an offer for a tailored pay monthly contract with a minimum term. Such offer is subject to our Airtime Conditions, price plan terms and our credit check or upgrade eligibility criteria.
17. To find out who has won the competition, we’ll list the names on the eForum here after the 15th April 2011.
18. By entering into the competition we’ll take that as your acceptance of these rules. Our decisions are final and we reserve
the right not to enter into detailed responses to you.
Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14, 2FN
11-04-2011 12:45 PM - edited 11-04-2011 12:58 PM
11-04-2011 01:12 PM
Where it says int he Terms, "The winners will be offered a HTC Desire S free of charge on a 12 month contract. Your monthly plan will be ... discounted cost of £17.50 a month."
Does that mean the winner has to pay that contract?
11-04-2011 01:32 PM - edited 11-04-2011 01:35 PM
11-04-2011 01:37 PM
The original text says you get a tarriff which is £35/month for £17.50 but if you look at the 12 month tarriff online it's actually £40/month
And no I won't be entering, I still have a year on my existing contract so unless you'd waive that one for me to have this I'll leave it
11-04-2011 02:30 PM
Hi EddyOS and ianfreeman,
What we did was to take one of our 18 month deals, reduce the commitment and half the price.
The winner can accept the prize as either an upgrade or a new connection, however they must be within the upgrade eligibility rules in order to take this as an upgrade.
Web Relations Team
11-04-2011 02:55 PM
11-04-2011 03:35 PM
11-04-2011 03:53 PM - edited 11-04-2011 03:54 PM
lol - that is rediculous.
I did enter but I'm going to have to retract it as I cannot afford to win a prixe that will COST ME £17.50 / MONTH !!
I have a Vodafone contract that I'm renewing mobile free tomorrow. A new free handset would be amazing, but a new monthly BILL is terrible.
11-04-2011 05:11 PM
11-04-2011 05:28 PM
Its not practical to afford two contracts so as a new contract prize its not really featable..
BUT, in terms of 'upgrading' your current contract.. that is better but personally I love my Stop the Clock and (even more so) my Unlimited data.. Those features just give me a tonne of reasurance even if I barely use them. That would be tough to give up.
Could the prize as an upgrade be adapted to keep existing features from our current contract?
11-04-2011 07:00 PM
12-04-2011 11:01 AM - edited 12-04-2011 11:03 AM
Ianfreeman, I’m sorry to see you feel like that.
I’ve sent an email to your registered eForum email address, so if you’d like to reply with the requested information we’ll be more than happy to look into this further for you.
When I referred to the upgrade eligibility rules, this is when you have 70 days or less on your current contract.
Kayleigh2010 and marks2011, you can see how to win a great contract with a free phone above
EddyOS, as I said above, this offer is available to anyone within the upgrade eligibility rules of 70 days or less. Anyone else who wishes to enter can take this as a new/additional connection.
Donna80, this ultimate offer is for the free phone on the detailed price plan. If you’re within your upgrade period, you could enter and win this great plan which you won’t get anywhere else!
Bgs264, if you have 70 days left on your contract and you won, you would have the plan detailed above at £17.50 for 12 months from the date we set this up and then at £35.00 for the remaining 70 days (for example) towards the end of your contract.
Best of luck to everybody for today’s draw!
Web Relations Team
12-04-2011 11:49 AM
It's a fab offer isn't it!
A question will be posted in the eForum here at 1pm every day. You’ll need to post your answer in that thread to be in with a chance.
Web Relations Team