cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC Desire - Where Is My Handsfree Headset?

iambalrog
Not applicable
Hia
I just recieved my HTC desire (it looks lovely!) but there is no handsfree headset in the box - im probably being stupid - there are music earphones, but I expected a proper hands free headset - what should I do to get this (or am i being stupid?)
Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

michaelf
4: Newbie
the headphones work both as a handsfree kit and as headphones

Retired-Andrew_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi iambalrog,

First of all, a warm and very friendly welcome to the eForum. ;)

Don't worry, you're not the first to ask where the hands free headset was and I guarantee you won't be the last.

Can I just thank michaelf for the response to your question, it is appreciated michaelf. :D

As you are new to the handset, you might want to check out out HTC Desire Hints and Tips as I am sure there's some great info on there for you when setting up and using your amazing and very good looking HTC Desire.

Many thanks

Andrew
eForum Team

Sorry but am still confused :Sad_face:

The headphones in the M8 box look like a normal set of phone headphones.  As I was also expecting some sort of "wireless" affair lost as to how the included headset can possibly be used for both.  Did follow the link provided which was just as confusing - didn't relate to or mention the headphones.  Can someone please put me straight?

Little frustrated as unable to play with my nice new sparkly phone until Tuesday as some bright spark at Vodaphone (deemed competent enough to sell me an upgrade) advised my existing mini sim would fit the new phone and even sent me a "spare" sim - also a mini rather than the required nano :Sad_face:  So in place of being able to use the new phone have settled for reading instructions and poking around at the other items in the box.........

Many thanks

Hi angelicange,

The headphones that you get aren’t wireless.

They’re corded but have a switch/microphone near to one of the ear pieces.

This allows you to use voice control for calls.

I’m sorry to see you’ve got the wrong SIM.

If you’d like to use your phone sooner, pop to a Vodafone store.

They’ll be able to supply you with a free replacement SIM, and also activate it for you.

Thanks,

Andy

Thanks for the response Andy - guess am little behind the times with terminology.

Would love to use my phone earlier but my nearest store is 16 miles away and not really happy wasting a load of petrol to fix a Vodafone mistake so hanging fire until Tuesday when hopefully the right sim will turn up.

Thanks again for your help

Regards

Ange

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi angelicange,

I'm sure the correct SIM will arrive, however if you'd like us to send one, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD