Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC Desire cant send or receive mms

abernee
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have had an HTC desire for a few months now and have never been able to send or receive Picture messages. 

I sent an email to support and was told how to change the settings, have done that and still no joy.  I dont have and data usage in my price plan (dont get 3G where I live and dont think its worth paying for the slow connection) surely this isn't the problem, I thought MMS were just a set cost to send.

Anyway, does anyone know what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

17 REPLIES 17

I have the exact same problem. No internet connection and cant recieve or send pictures. Ive just entered all of the settings mentioned above into the phone but still nothing. Please help

Hi Thekingtom1, 

If the settings above haven't worked for you then it could be something on your account stopping this - we'll need to access your account to find out so I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul

Hi,

I have the same problem, I have entered all of the settings written above and still can't send/receive MMS messages or get internet.

Please help!!

Hi jlhughes,

Can you try texting WEB to 40127 to get the settings sent directly to the phone? This will help to pick up anything which may not quite be correct.

Let us know how you get on.

Dave

New to eForums so apologies in advance.

I have same problem as those above.

I have had shop staff in Vodafone store try to resolve it - no good.

Texting the autosetting number - no good. (HTC Desire Z not suitable for this service)

I have followed all the manual settings as advised for queries above - no good.

Something on the account seems to bar MMS.

The account was changed from PAYG to monthly contract following months of cash bleeding from the account which led to some sort of data block being put on to solve the cash losses. Could this be a problem inherited from that time? Just a guess but I'm clutching at straws here.

Who can I speak to to get somewhere with this please?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi georgebath

It looks like you've already tried quite a bit of troubleshooting. I think it's best we take a closer look at your account, to make sure everything it correct at our end. Get in touch with us here.

Thanks

Sukhi

Swttrucker
1: Seeker
As above
OK I registered but not sure if you cover HTC DESIRE on a MetroPCS plan.

Problem
Cannot send or receive picture messages
Get the triangle with ! Inside
Same when connected to a Wifi
Auto receive and auto receive while roaming active
Message limit set to Max

Did not attempt the step by step above in case it's for separate provider

Help

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

MetroPCS is a US mobile phone provider and doesn't have anything to do with Vodafone UK - if they are your provider, you will need to contact them for the correct settings for your device.

PWIAC