Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC Desire cant send or receive mms

abernee
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have had an HTC desire for a few months now and have never been able to send or receive Picture messages. 

I sent an email to support and was told how to change the settings, have done that and still no joy.  I dont have and data usage in my price plan (dont get 3G where I live and dont think its worth paying for the slow connection) surely this isn't the problem, I thought MMS were just a set cost to send.

Anyway, does anyone know what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

17 REPLIES 17

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hello Abernee

You are correct - MMS messages are a set price to sent.  The do however cost to download.  Have you perhaps disabled Auto-retrieve of MMS messages?  Have you ever received the MMS header with a link in it to download the image?

PWIAC

Yes If someone sends me a picture message i get a link to view it online.  If I try to send one it just fails and shows a red triangle with an ! in it.  Not sure about disabling auto-recieve, Fairly sure ive not done that.  Thanks for the reply but still have the problem.  Might have to give vodafone a call :Sad_face:

drey_p

When in the Messages app press Menus and select Settings.  Once in the settings menus select MMS Settings and double check that Auto-Receive is ticked.

It sounds like your phone is having a problem getting a data connection. When you try to send the MMS - do you get the 2 arrows appearing next to your signal strength?

PWIAC

Hi abernee, welcome to the eForum.

Thanks to our fantastic forumites you've done all of the preliminary checks - it looks like there's something missing at network level which allows pictures to be sent and received :smileywink:

So that we can look into this for you I'll need a few more details - I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact us - follow these and we'll be in touch ASAP :smileyhappy:

Paul

I have this problem too.

I cannot send or receive MMS messages. I spoke to an online vodafone support tech yesterday. We reset my APN settings, but this was not at fault. I asked whether my account had been 'barred' from MMS and the supporter replied that it was in fact disabled, and that they had just enabled it. Advised me to try again in 20 minutes.

Now 24 hours later, it still wont send or receive MMS messages.

This has been a problem since day 1 of having this contract with vodafone. For 20 months I have not been able to send/receive MMS messages.

Please can this be enabled for my account.

Thanks

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ade36,

For piece of mind I would like to be able to check the network and the provisioning for the MMS services for you.

So that I can do this I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of the team will be able to get this checked for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Hi James,

I have done as requested.

Thanks

I also have this problem.

Since I got my htc desire, I cannot send mms, and whe a picture is sent to me I have to follow the link to access it, and most of the time it takes ages to download.

i have tried finding a resolution, but no luck yet.

duncan

Hi Duncandent,

Can you confirm that you have the following settings in your phone;

How to configure your device for WAP

1.Press the MENU key

2.Touch Settings

3.Touch Wireless & networks

4.Touch Mobile networks

5.Touch Access Point Names

6.Press the MENU key

7.Touch New APN

8.Touch Name

9.Enter Vodafone WAP, touch OK

10. Touch APN

11. Enter:

For Pay monthly customers: wap.vodafone.co.uk

For Pay as you go customers: pp.vodafone.co.uk

12. Touch OK

13. Touch Proxy

14. Enter 212.183.137.012, touch OK

15. TouchPort

16. Enter 8799, touch OK

17. Touch Username

18. Enter wap, touch OK

19. Touch Password

20. Enter wap, touch OK

21. Press the MENU key

22. Touch Save

23. Touch the circle to the right of the Vodafone WAP profile you have just created

24. Press the Home key to return to the home screen

25. Touch the MENU key

26. Touch All programs

27. Touch Internet

28. Press the MENU key

29. Touch More

30. Touch Settings

31. Touch Set home page

32. Touch Set home page

33. Enter http://live.vodafone.com, touch OK.

How to configure your device for MMS

1.Press the MENU key

2.Touch Settings

3.Touch Wireless & networks

4.Touch Mobile networks

5.Touch Access Point Names

6.Press the MENU key

7.Touch New APN

8.Touch Name

9.Enter Vodafone MMS, touch OK

10. Touch APN

11. Enter:

For Pay monthly customers: wap.vodafone.co.uk

For Pay as you go customers: pp.vodafone.co.uk

12. Touch OK

13. Touch Proxy

14. Enter 212.183.137.012, touch OK

15. TouchPort

16. Enter 8799, touch OK

17. Touch Username

18. Enter wap, touch OK

19. Touch Password

20. Enter wap, touch OK

21. Touch MMSC

22. Enter http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms, touch OK

23. Touch MMS proxy

24. Enter 212.183.137.012, touch OK

25. Touch MMS port

26. Enter 8799, touch OK

27. Press the MENU key

28. Touch Save

29. Touch the circle to the right of the Vodafone MMS profile you have just created.

If these settings are correct and you are still experiencing issues, please follow the instructions on the PM that I have sent o you and one of the team can check your account for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James