Moderator (Retired)

Re: HTC Desire image compression

Hey folks,

I've just sent an email to the following people:

tickertyboo

Mr_H

brynmor530

darrenedwards35

If you could reply to that email we'll pass this information on to the correct team to investigate.

Kindest regards,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 21 of 36 (6,129 Views)
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone

So far we've only received a reply from one person.

To help speed up the investigation if everyone else could reply too, that would be brilliant.

Thanks

J

Message 22 of 36 (6,120 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

[ Edited ]

If I send an image using Whatsapp to a phone on another network the image arrives just fine, but then it should as I believe whatsapp send everything using my data allowance.  If I send an image using the standard messaging app on the Desire HD to another nework the image arrives as a tiny compressed pixelated mess.  However when I receive an image from a phone on another network using the standard app the image is fine.  It's just sending out that the image is compressed.

Apologies for not responding to the email.  My hotmail account decided to junk it.  I will respond now.

Message 23 of 36 (6,118 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Hi

Have just responded to the email however i thought i should add a quick responce here.

I have also contacted HTC who gave me a whole list of things to try including setting up a new profile and doing a factory reset. None of these have worked.
My partner has a desire s on orange and had the same MMS issue with the origonal update but did a soft reset and all is fine.

There has also been a new development which is that since the last 2 updates (Another factory reset done between) The Wifi will now not work and just comes up as "error" when we try to switch it on (this is a far greater issue now than the MMS)
To be quite honest this is becoming a real issue i have no usable MMS and no Wifi connection so far not very impressed as definatly seems to be a Vodafone issue.

Cheers

Message 24 of 36 (6,105 Views)
Administrator
Administrator

Hi both

Thanks for the emails. I'll post again as soon as I have any news.

tickertyboo - So we can address each issue fully could you repost your WiFi issue in a new thread. I'll get someone to address your thread straight away.

Thanks again

J

Message 25 of 36 (6,090 Views)
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone

I’ve got some good news as our investigation is now complete.

HTC have informed us that both the Desire HD and Desire S will have a fix for this issue included in their next firmware updates. As always, we can’t give estimated dates for when firmware releases take place but it will be fixed in one of the next updates.

A big thanks to everyone who reported this and provided extra details to aid the investigation.

J

Message 26 of 36 (6,061 Views)

I have already been emailed and have sent one back about this issue but in case the information didn't get through to you/your team:

I use the standard messaging app and the standard gallery. Also, have tried sending to both Vodafone friends and other carriers.

Thanks! 

Message 27 of 36 (6,047 Views)

Ignore that last one. Will wait for the update!
Message 28 of 36 (6,046 Views)

Thanks for the info.  Nice to know these problems are being delt with.

Message 29 of 36 (6,030 Views)

Just had an update that fixed the GPS (I was one of the group that had that broken in the last update) so I am now running 2.50.161.3

Has not fixed this yet though, assuming thats just because its not ready yet?

Also, just noticed - it only seems to affect me when sending pictures from the camera folder? Ie the downloads and my self made "wallpapers" folder work fine. Still, its not like I will send anything other than camera pictures. And yes, before anyone asks - it is set to 8meg pictures! :smileyhappy:

Message 30 of 36 (5,932 Views)

HI

Just updated to 2.50.161.3 no joy.

Cheers
Message 31 of 36 (5,883 Views)
Administrator
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi all

darrenedwards35 is spot on about the current update. We unfortunately found the MMS issue too late for the fix to be included in this one but it will easily be ready for the next.

Message 32 of 36 (5,875 Views)

Hi, apologies again for reviving this but has any firmware update been released to resolve this yet?? I'm still experiencing the pixellated compressed image issue, when previously had no issues at all.

Be REALLY grateful if someone at Vodafone could advise purleese???

Thanks
Message 33 of 36 (5,406 Views)
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Redbytten,

Nothing yet, the updates for Desire HD and Desire S are normally done over the air, so you'll receive an on-screen notification as soon as it's available.

Thanks,

Tom
Message 34 of 36 (5,378 Views)

Nearly a year on from my last post on this and the problem still persists with no update from Vodafone. Well done guys. Just what I've come to expect from you.
Message 35 of 36 (4,377 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi brynmor530,

Apologies that this thread wasn’t updated however there was a new software release in December to version 3.13.161.3 which should be available over the air.

Please can you try this and let us know if the issues continue.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 36 of 36 (4,327 Views)
Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd