Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
TheArchetect

HTC HD2 - Hotmail/Live Mail Has Stopped Working

Hot Mail or in this cas Live Mail has stopped working - no incoming or outgoing messages - it was working. Can't think of anything that would stop it. Tried changing the account seetings but no avail. Th following comes up: 'windows live is temporialy unable to connect. You may be out of coverage for data connections. Please try again later or contact your mobile service provider for assistance'. Well I have connection through ss and I keep trying and still no suuccess - asistance needed.
Message 1 of 10 (3,334 Views)
cjacko

Hot Mail or in this cas Live Mail has stopped working - no incoming or outgoing messages - it was working. Can't think of anything that would stop it. Tried changing the account seetings but no avail. Th following comes up: 'windows live is temporialy unable to connect. You may be out of coverage for data connections. Please try again later or contact your mobile service provider for assistance'. Well I have connection through ss and I keep trying and still no suuccess - asistance needed.

Apparently its a problem with microsoft and windows? Sad state of affairs when they can't even connect to there own mail system. mine does it, it was ok for about a month or two when i got the phone, then just kept failing to sync. i've had to change to yahoo ! which wasn't ideal but at least i'm now getting my mail, had to redirect all my subscriptions and contacts.could see this being a major problem for a business user though.
Message 2 of 10 (3,334 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi The Archetect

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with this. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

Just to confirm, you haven't changed any details on the email setup? Are you able to access the rest of the internet ok?

I would suggest setting up an alternative email address (Like Google or Yahoo) and see if you can connect with these. If these work out then you know it is a problem with Windows Live! itself.

Please let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions just give me a shout

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 10 (3,334 Views)
starfury

Soft-reset the handset...
HTC HD2 - ROM: EnergyROM (CHT2-23148-Nov19) | SPL: HSPL2.08 | Radio: 2.15.50.04
HTC Desire - ROM: Android 2.2 (Froyo) | HTC Official release
HTC Tytn2 - ROM: Ultimate X-2 V10| SPL: 3.34 HardSPL | Radio: 1.71.09.01
HTC Tytn1 - ROM: Schaps 4.31 Full | SPL: 2.10 olipro | Radio: 1.54.07.00
Message 4 of 10 (3,334 Views)
TheArchetect

Soft-reset the handset...

Sorry to be a pain how do you soft reset? Is that just pushing the power button down? Do I lose anything?

Regarding hotmail, I just want to clarify that the problem is with the email and not necceassarily visiting the windows live site / using messenger. The hotmail did work at first. As you know, I am still struggling get any email facility to work. And yes I am getting internet connection. And I am ofcouses changing setiings on all my email accounts to try and get them to work.

What is the livemail incoming / outgoing server, i have mobile.msn.com which i have not changed?
Message 5 of 10 (3,334 Views)
starfury

Sorry to be a pain how do you soft reset? Is that just pushing the power button down? Do I lose anything?

Regarding hotmail, I just want to clarify that the problem is with the email and not necceassarily visiting the windows live site / using messenger. The hotmail did work at first. As you know, I am still struggling get any email facility to work. And yes I am getting internet connection. And I am ofcouses changing setiings on all my email accounts to try and get them to work.

What is the livemail incoming / outgoing server, i have mobile.msn.com which i have not changed?

Battery cover off and press the little red button. No you dont lose anything (unless you are writing a book in Pocket Word and havent saved it :) )
Message 6 of 10 (3,334 Views)
TheArchetect

With power on or off?
Message 7 of 10 (3,334 Views)
starfury

With power on or off?

Its like switching the phone off and back on again without having to pull the battery. So the power would have to be on otherwise you wouldnt need to push it. Other way is a battery pull.
Message 8 of 10 (3,334 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi TheArchetect,

I can see Starfury is helping you out there (Thanks :)).

The battery pull he has mentioned, is preformed by taking out the battery and SIM card while the phone is switched on, this is also known as a hard reset.

Let us know how you get on and if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Sukhi
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 10 (3,334 Views)
starfury

Hi TheArchetect,

I can see Starfury is helping you out there (Thanks :)).

The battery pull he has mentioned, is preformed by taking out the battery and SIM card while the phone is switched on, this is also known as a hard reset.

Let us know how you get on and if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Sukhi
eForum Team

Actually I need to correct you Sukhi, a hard reset is when the phone is reset back to factory defaults.
Any other reset is a soft reset (red button, battery pull, or power cycling)
Message 10 of 10 (3,334 Views)