Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Moderator (Retired)
MattyD1

HTC HD2 - Text Messages Showing As Sent But Not Sending

Someone mentioned further up the thread that HTC have said there will be a fix by the end of January, can anyone confirm / deny this?

Hi Jason

Like Suki has said above, until we know for certain the date of a release we'd only be raising your hopes falsely by guessing.

Once we've know something for sure we'll let you all know

Many Thanks

MattyD

eForum team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 261 of 334 (25,776 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
starfury

Hi Jason

Like Suki has said above, until we know for certain the date of a release we'd only be raising your hopes falsely by guessing.

Once we've know something for sure we'll let you all know

Many Thanks

MattyD

eForum team

Just read something interesting on XDA-Devs in their version of this thread... someone there saying that there is no SMS bug but the messages getting stuck is the result of a service/program within the SenseUI crashing which takes down a number of things including SMS's being sent, pinch-to-zoom working, etc.
HTC HD2 - ROM: EnergyROM (CHT2-23148-Nov19) | SPL: HSPL2.08 | Radio: 2.15.50.04
HTC Desire - ROM: Android 2.2 (Froyo) | HTC Official release
HTC Tytn2 - ROM: Ultimate X-2 V10| SPL: 3.34 HardSPL | Radio: 1.71.09.01
HTC Tytn1 - ROM: Schaps 4.31 Full | SPL: 2.10 olipro | Radio: 1.54.07.00
Message 262 of 334 (25,776 Views)
Baka1980

I am also having issues, Text sending a day after i typed it ?

any feedback would be appreciated :)
Message 263 of 334 (25,776 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Mynnydd

I am also having issues, Text sending a day after i typed it ?

any feedback would be appreciated :)

Not being funny, but just about everything on your issue has been said already on this thread.
You can sort it yourself by visiting XDA-developers website but that course of action has its implications.
Or you just have to wait for Vodafone to do something.
Message 264 of 334 (25,776 Views)
starfury

Not being funny, but just about everything on your issue has been said already on this thread.
You can sort it yourself by visiting XDA-developers website but that course of action has its implications.
Or you just have to wait for Vodafone to do something.

Are you Welsh? The name looks quite Welsh...
Message 265 of 334 (25,776 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
nib95

Mine is also giving me this same issue and it's extremely frustrating. It will send texts, but many are sent a day late or worse. It has happened countless times since I've had the phone, and is the main reason I'm considering swapping to an iPhone. These kinds of issues cost money when a client doesn't receive a text you need him/her to etc.

OS Version: 5.2.21864 (21864.5.0.81)
Manila version: 2.5.19202525.0
ROM version: 1.43.405.1 (70124) WWE
ROM date: 10/26/09
Radio version: 2.04.50.22_2
Protocol version: 15.26.50.07U
Message 266 of 334 (25,776 Views)
Mynnydd

Are you Welsh? The name looks quite Welsh...

AH, Starfury. The man who led me to XDA, and 1.66 rom with an array of cab's that make my HD2 the fantastic phone it should have been............THANK YOU!

Yep you're right, I am from Conwy, N.Wales.
The name should be mynydd (=mountain) not mynnydd; but I use mynnydd as my name on PS3, so it is too much trouble to change LOL.
Message 267 of 334 (25,776 Views)
starfury

AH, Starfury. The man who led me to XDA, and 1.66 rom with an array of cab's that make my HD2 the fantastic phone it should have been............THANK YOU!

The name should be mynydd (=mountain) not mynnydd; but I use mynnydd as my name on PS3, so it is too much trouble to change LOL.

No problems always like to help out... so long as I am not held responsible if the brown sticky stuff hits the rotary oscillator...
Message 268 of 334 (25,776 Views)
hoggers

http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportViewNews....amp;news_id=486

will this upgrade sort the sms problem?
Message 269 of 334 (25,776 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
exbros

Believe HTC or not, but from what they say it should:
Improved Functions:

Keeping in touch has always been very important, and this update delivers fast and reliable SMS messaging.

We'll see... B-)
Message 270 of 334 (25,776 Views)
Tech Team
James

Heya Guys,

The new fix is currently being worked on by HTC and as soon as it is available after testing it will be released for everyone to install.

Thanks to everyone for all of the feedback on this thread as it has helped us get a good idea of what is happening

James
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 271 of 334 (25,776 Views)
mervinsx

Heya Guys,

The new fix is currently being worked on by HTC and as soon as it is available after testing it will be released for everyone to install.

Thanks to everyone for all of the feedback on this thread as it has helped us get a good idea of what is happening

James
eForum Team

Thanks for acknowledging that Vodafone undertands what is happening. But what is Vodafone going to do about it all? Are you going to compensate all the HTC HD2 users for the service we haven't received?
Message 272 of 334 (25,776 Views)
batchelorit

Thanks for acknowledging that Vodafone undertands what is happening. But what is Vodafone going to do about it all? Are you going to compensate all the HTC HD2 users for the service we haven't received?

The situation with these texts is getting ridiculous. I'm a business user and rely on various mediums for dealing with customers. With the texts not working a number of my customers feel that I'm out of contact and are losing faith in my business. So I would ask how Vodafone are going to compesate us for loss of business revenue due to the phones they have supplied not working?

Funnily enough when you go to the HTC site and attempt to download the new ROM you are unable to do so as Vodafone phones are not suitable for it apparently! What have Vodafone actually done to the phones to make them unworthy of the upgraded ROM? If Vodafone haven't done anything to the phone then why can't we use the HTC ROM that's been released?
Message 273 of 334 (25,776 Views)
hoggers

The situation with these texts is getting ridiculous. I'm a business user and rely on various mediums for dealing with customers. With the texts not working a number of my customers feel that I'm out of contact and are losing faith in my business. So I would ask how Vodafone are going to compesate us for loss of business revenue due to the phones they have supplied not working?

Funnily enough when you go to the HTC site and attempt to download the new ROM you are unable to do so as Vodafone phones are not suitable for it apparently! What have Vodafone actually done to the phones to make them unworthy of the upgraded ROM? If Vodafone haven't done anything to the phone then why can't we use the HTC ROM that's been released?

here here well said
Message 274 of 334 (25,776 Views)
Baccchus

I wouldn't hold your breath on an answer to this- no mod has once replied to my requests for the same information. Even when I simplified it into it's own thread the question was ignored. :angry:
Message 275 of 334 (25,776 Views)
wak
wak

Hey,

I am also a new customer to Vodafone, having switched over from T-Mobile. I have had my contract for 3 days, with no problems sending sms.... until today! :(

OS Version: 5.2.21869 (21869.5.0.82)
Manila version: 2.5.19211619.0
ROM version: 1.48.405.2 (712944) WWE
ROM date: 11/18/09
Radio version: 2.05.51.05_2
Protocol version: 15.26.50.07U

Does anyone know is there are any fixes available?

Mynnydd - I have also checked out XDA and it is an awesome website for customising your hd2... I still haven't flashed my phone yet due to the fact I don't want to brick it - are there any guides available showing step-by-step how to change the rom? Did it solve the sms problem?

Please email me if you can't post the link on the forum - Many Thanks,

Wak
Message 276 of 334 (25,776 Views)
williap

Have you noticed that the SMS update is back on the HTC website?

Try this, it may help solve the problem.

http://www.htc.com/uk/SupportViewNews.aspx...amp;news_id=508
Message 277 of 334 (25,776 Views)
djchubbs36

i have had the same issue for the last few hours, but just this moment it sees to have been sorted, just had replys to the ones i sent earlier which didint originaly get recieved.

that was rather annoying.
Message 278 of 334 (25,776 Views)
wak
wak

Have you noticed that the SMS update is back on the HTC website?

Try this, it may help solve the problem.

http://www.htc.com/uk/SupportViewNews.aspx...amp;news_id=508

I went to the link above, and somehow managed to find a ROM update through HTC... it does say it fixes the sms problem:

http://www.htc.com/uk/SupportDownload.aspx...2&dl_id=856

Just downloading now, hopefully it will fix the problem... if not, found some great guides on how to flash your phone, so may try out a cooked rom instead....

Wak
Message 279 of 334 (25,776 Views)
djchubbs36

spoke to soon, its dies again, what are vodafone/htc doing to resolve this?
Message 280 of 334 (25,776 Views)